Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I don't have any clamps on mine either. The hoses should fit tight enough on their own, it looks like that one is too large. Just the outside diameter looks large in the pic, or the rubber has become spongy.

Time for new hose, or those blue pills.
I reformed the clip and its super tight now and the leak is gone there as well. Thank you guys!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
I don't have any clamps on mine either. The hoses should fit tight enough on their own, it looks like that one is too large. Just the outside diameter looks large in the pic, or the rubber has become spongy.

Time for new hose, or those blue pills.
Speaking of leaks, gas stopped leaking for good.. but I mention a drip leak from the bottom area of the crank case... after doing an oil change, I noticed the drip returned in the same area. I tightened bolts but it’s still dripping slowly when the bike gets warmed up. Is this possibly from filling the crank case just a little over 4 Liters? Not sure
how long this has been going on. Hope it's not the rubber gasket that goes around the entire case...

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
Hmm, looks like a large gap on the stator case.

Does your engine have the Tux mod, the stator plate mod? If you remove the round stator cover, does the stator come off with the cover?

Be careful tightening things, that oil screen cap can be extremely hard to remove if overtightened.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

Does your engine have the Tux mod, the stator plate mod? If you remove the round stator cover, does the stator come off with the cover?

Be careful tightening things, that oil screen cap can be extremely hard to remove if overtightened.
No mods done there

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

What do you recommend I do?

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
Clean it up and try to see where it's coming from. If it's where I think it is, that's the left side case gasket.

There are seals on the shifter and clutch shaft, and orings on the round stator cover and oil screen cap.

Even the stator wire grommet can leak.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
Right, so I cleaned up the bike and went for a run and let her rip, came back home and put her in park... put her up on her knees and took a closer look under her skirt... it was really hot under there 🤣

Anyway, I looked for oil trails and found that it led up to a bolt on one of the casings. Not sure If it’s a bolt tightening needed there or not but decided to come and share a pic to see what you recommend.Source of the leak, found...

I marked the boltS recently to catch if anyone is tampering with them, like a disgruntled roommate, hehe.

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
Could be from the round stator cover, but mine oiled the same area with the shifter seal leaking.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Could be from the round stator cover, but mine oiled the same area with the shifter seal leaking.
well I tightened a quarter turn, it was a hair loose. Going for a ride and checking again. I ordered that sealant stuff, “The Right Stuff”, just Incase I need to reseal anything.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
it’s clearly coming from the top bolt of the engine oil cover, not coming from anywhere else. I guess I need to drain the oil, remove the cover, and seal with new self applied sealant/gasket? It’s not leaking from anywhere else... you can clearly see it leaking from the bottom of the top engine oil cover bolt, then slides down to the left in between stator and engine oil cover, and collects at the bottom of the bike.

am I missing something?

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
The engine has to be removed or at least tilted in order to remove the cover.

The cover won't come completely off the shifter shaft.

Would be possible to slit a new gasket to get around the shaft. Just don't use an excess amount of sealer. It can end up in bad places.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts