Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone for a led replacement for the #67 bulb in the license plate light? ive gone thru 4 bulbs since april and had to replace it again today in order to get it inspected

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
I remember reading something about that here once.someone will chime in

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
B1156-4WAL is what most rv places are using. it fires on sides and top. i may take a chance on one to see how bright it is

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I know KC makes them for the back blinkers. Give him a shout out

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Custom Dynamics has LED Tag Boltz with plate illumination in either white or blue.
They also have
New Dual Color LED Tag Boltz: These new Dual Color Tag Boltz provide a rear facing High Power Reactor™ Amber or Red LED that can be used for a running light, brake light, or a turn signal and a white downward facing LED for tag illumination. Simple 3 wire design. Lifetime illumination warranty.
Available in a polished finish or in black.

http://www.customdynamics.com/illuminatorz_licence_plates.htm#LED_Tag_Bolts
Does that help? :motorcycl

·
I.T. Analyst, Alpha Geek
157 Posts
Any 67 or 1156 (BA15S) base should work. Get one with radial or 90-degree facing LEDs and wide angle lenses for best lighting. I got most of my automotive LEDs from SuperBrightLEDs.com and a few from eBay.

·
Registered
856 Posts
before you go replacing the bulb again, I would recommend checking your wiring out. you should not be going through bulbs that quickly. You may have an intermittent short causing the bubs to blow out.

That being said, I have an 1156 style LED bulb I picked up from superbrightleds.com in mine.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys, i ordered a pair off amazon for 6 bucks and free 2 day shipping with prime.
what a world of difference. i have to chase some wires down to make sure theres no shorts, but im thinking its vibration

1 - 10 of 10 Posts