Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I'm not an electrical guy. I bought all new after market LED signal lights. The back set was easy, plug and play. the front not so much. The LEDs only have 2 wires. My question is how do I make them into running lights as well? Can I add the third wire? If so where does it go? :BLAM:

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
Splice a wire from your tail light wire from under the seat.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
If the aftermarket ones you purchased is 2 wire, then you can't have running lights in them. The VN750 stock ones are 3 wire in front and 2 wire in back....only the front ones have running lights on the stock setup.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was wondering if I could solder the third wire on to the LED's to make them into running lights as well?

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

X2 on the 2 wire vs 3 wire. When I put my lights on I used 3 wire on front and back. I spliced into the hot wire for the tail light for the rear running lights.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I was wondering if I could solder the third wire on to the LED's to make them into running lights as well?
not sure what you have, so altering the LED's on the aftermarket ones may not be possible.

Can you post a photo of what you are looking at so we understand your question?

I make a set for the stock housings, but mine are 2 separate sets of LED's for running lights and blinkers. I would need to look at yours to see if it is possible.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
KC, he is speaking perfectly good english, I fallow exactly what the OP has ben saying and is asking.

the OP has a set of LED Lights that have two wires, one for power and one ground. He wants to know if he can add in a second power wire so that the LED Light now has three wires to function as both a turnsignal and parking lamp at the same time (as in our stock incandescent bulbs).

to the OP
You can not simply solder in a new wire into an LED circuit to give both functions. On a thre wire LED Light there are actually two LEDs sharing a common ground. ore there will be a series of several LEDs for the Running Lights, and another series of several more LEDs for the Turn Signal Lights. Both of which would be in the same housing.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I wanted to make sure I was interpreting the question properly.

If the OP thinks adding a single wire to an existing array of LED's would add another function to it, then the OP is incorrect.

Depending on the configuration of the lights, it MIGHT be possible to add another function without adding more LED's to the circuit.....but that is totally dependent on how it is made.

The photo Slim posted looks a lot like the ones I make for the rear when adding running lights.

The front ones are all AMBER and work like the rear ones when addding the running lights:
The center is RED and the outer is AMBER....two seperate arrays with different wires to them. On my boards, I can add Brake function to the center array by adding another wire and a diode....but that's because I designed them that way.

with the stock wiring on the back , mine are all amber and the whole board blinks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts