Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I never really started a thread solely for these...here it is!

The LED boards:

Standard front turn signal/running inserts are AMBER super blight LED's.
inner ring of 24 LED's set to half brightness (running light)
outer ring of 24 LED's set to full brightness (blinker)
plug and play with pigtailed 1157 base for stock FRONT blinker housing

Rear turn signal inserts:
option 1 - Standard rear: full amber LED board for blinker only. pigtailed with 1147 base for stock REAR blinker housing.

option 2 - turning signal/running light
inner ring of 24 RED LED's set to half brightness (running light)
outer ring of 24 AMBER LED's set to full brightness (blinker)
plug and play with pigtailed 1157 base for stock FRONT blinker housing using a clear or red lens mounted in back.

option 3 - same as option 2 but no connector. this allows you to wire in to your own harness. I can also include a 1147 connector and leave the 3rd wire loose so you can run it wherever you want to tie into the running lights.

You will need to replace your flasher module with a standard EP34 from any auto store to correct the flash blink that LED's will cause because the stock relay is a thermal unit and the lower current draw will cause it to flash as if a bulb is out.

EDIT: adding a link to lenses from Custom Dynamics: Item:RTSL-1300

PM if interested. asking $45/set

album link:
my home made LED boards

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I am pleased to say i bought a set of the rear boards from KC and will be the first to say I had looked at others on the web and really didn't like any of them that well.

Some have holes in the center for your stock bulbs to shine through and most of the ones I looked at required gluing the leds to your stock lens.KC's design is a simple board that fits in place of the stock bulbs and the lens and the two screws hold them in place.

I have been very satisfied with them and would recommend them to anyone.Add to that the fact that KC answered all questions I had promptly before I even ordered the led kit.He was more than fair with me and makes a good kit.and the appear to be well made and quite durable as well.I highly recommend them.Thanks KC :pepper:

·
Registered
936 Posts
I might have missed this but want to make sure I understand something - so forgive me if it's redundant

For the rear set - if wanting the option for running light and turn-signal - is there anything that has to be done to make that work? Or is it plug and play as well?

Thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
I might have missed this but want to make sure I understand something - so forgive me if it's redundant

For the rear set - if wanting the option for running light and turn-signal - is there anything that has to be done to make that work? Or is it plug and play as well?

Thanks
i believe that is mostly for front use , but if u wanted to u could run an extra power wire from front running lights to the rear for same effect:motorcycl

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
Hay Bow, actually no need to run a wire all the way from the front, can branch off the running or on full time lights already at the rear. (tag & red tail light )

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All the connections you need are under the seat.
PM me if you need more details.
Look at my albums...I have the running lights on mine.

·
Registered
145 Posts
yep ur right , can branch off there , sorry small brain f**t on my part:BLAM:

maybe i should go read liberty pilot's thread on common sense lol

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
^^^ We all have those!! Some are just larger than others!!

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had an issue with a supplier and was a little behind on making orders, but should be caught up soon.

I make these from scratch, which means I develop and etch the PC boards myself. This alone takes quite some time. I then cut and drill each board to fit the stock lens covers. After that is accomplished, i then fill and solder them myself as well as assemble the wiring harness and empty base connectors so they are plug and play.

The PCB fabrication is the most time consuming part, but if I farmed them out it would jack the price up quite a bit, so for now I plan on continuing doing them the way I do....made to order. So please understand it might take me a week or more to fill each order. I had a batch of problematic copper clad boards that wasted a lot of my time.

I also would appreciate it if anyone who has a set could post feedback and photos. I am consdering other items eventually such as a brake light board with some special features as a possible collaboration with another member, but that is just an idea right now. I am also looking into possibly an eBay store of website to allow ordering instead of having to PM me. This is a part time venture for me, so please be patient.

If anyone is interested in a set, please PM me.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I had an issue with a supplier and was a little behind on making orders, but should be caught up soon.

I make these from scratch, which means I develop and etch the PC boards myself. This alone takes quite some time. I then cut and drill each board to fit the stock lens covers. After that is accomplished, i then fill and solder them myself as well as assemble the wiring harness and empty base connectors so they are plug and play.

The PCB fabrication is the most time consuming part, but if I farmed them out it would jack the price up quite a bit, so for now I plan on continuing doing them the way I do....made to order. So please understand it might take me a week or more to fill each order. I had a batch of problematic copper clad boards that wasted a lot of my time.

I also would appreciate it if anyone who has a set could post feedback and photos. I am consdering other items eventually such as a brake light board with some special features as a possible collaboration with another member, but that is just an idea right now. I am also looking into possibly an eBay store of website to allow ordering instead of having to PM me. This is a part time venture for me, so please be patient.

If anyone is interested in a set, please PM me.
I finally found clear lenses on ebay for mine.They will be here next week and I will shoot another video for comparison ,keep an eye out, you may want to include it on your sig line when I get them on here,rather than the ambers.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
but if I farmed them out it would jack the price up quite a bit
Send em to Ceal....I read he works pretty cheap..... ;)
Just jokin ya brother Ceal....

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
if ya farm um out they can do a snap grid and you can get 10 or so on a large PC board... worth a check out anyway....

we do that for the invention I made, the board is small 2" square or so, so we fit like 100 boards 10 x 10 on one sheet, then they charge us for a sheet not for a board, the board machine does not care and it brings the price WAY down.

kenny

·
Glenn C.
1,628 Posts
You need to post pics of them up..pics of them so we can see what we are buying and pics of them at night to see what they look like in action.

Im interested if i can see them

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You need to post pics of them up..pics of them so we can see what we are buying and pics of them at night to see what they look like in action.

Im interested if i can see them
look at my signature....I have some photos in the album, and Denny made a video.

The photos and video don't always do them justice because the camera alters the color and auto dims and misrepresents the brightness of the LED's.

I ask other members who have them to post up so you can hear from them rather than me.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I can tell you for a fact if you want to be seen from the rear,you need a set of these board for your bike.they are brighter than the two 1157 bulbs in the stock tail light.It is really hard to capture how well they work alternating between amber and red when the signal is flashing. I someone behind you doesn't see these, they were looking elsewhere.

Here is a couple of short video clips of the boards under clear lenses ,here are the links

http://m161.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/denny606_photo/VIDEO0065_zps24afa4ec.mp4.html

http://m161.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/denny606_photo/VIDEO0064_zps6e8b1b2d.mp4.html

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Denny...the links you posted don't seem to work for me.

turns out the link to your video in my signature no longer works either. :doh:
Is anyone else able to see them?

I can tell you for a fact if you want to be seen from the rear,you need a set of these board for your bike.they are brighter than the two 1157 bulbs in the stock tail light.It is really hard to capture how well they work alternating between amber and red when the signal is flashing. I someone behind you doesn't see these, they were looking elsewhere.

Here is a couple of short video clips of the boards under clear lenses ,here are the links

http://m161.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/denny606_photo/VIDEO0065_zps24afa4ec.mp4.html

http://m161.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/denny606_photo/VIDEO0064_zps6e8b1b2d.mp4.html

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Photobucket has an "anti hotlinking" feature which causes problems on most messageboards...thats why Ive always recommended against using them....I tried to manipulate the link/addy, and none seem to work.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts