Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Drive less, ride more...
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What dual-load equalizer make/model is recommended for our bike to convert the turn signals/running lights to LED bulbs?

Is there a thread somewhere else on the forum where I missed this--or other info on this conversion?

Thanks!......:D

·
Registered
144 Posts
I would like to know also that would be great

Thanks

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
Someone's signature has LED tun signals listed, hope he can chime in here and give us a hand.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I think it might have been Hizzo (where is that guy???) that mentioned awhile ago, that a heavy duty flasher unit will work when going to LED signal lights, but I don't know if it will or not.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
I think it might have been Hizzo (where is that guy???) that mentioned awhile ago, that a heavy duty flasher unit will work when going to LED signal lights, but I don't know if it will or not.
Good point, where is Hizzo?

I don't think an HD flasher will work with LED's either. Problem is, the LED's draw so little current that the system thinks a bulb is out an flashes fast to tell you there's a problem.

Need an LED specific flasher or load balancer.

Jon

·
Benjammin'
421 Posts
When I thought I had problems with the breaklight LED making my blinkers flash wierd (it actually didn't), I was forced to look into troubleshooting it. The Clear Alternatives site mentioned adding a flasher unit for LED bulbs. There is actually a flasher to work with LED blinker bulbs- it is referred to as a variable load flasher.

The following link is where bulbs can be purchased for the blinkers (about half way down the page);
http://www.sharperobjects.com/ledaccessories.html

They mention the need to add a variable load turn signal blinker which I believe is this unit;
http://www.autobarn.net/variableflasher.html

Actually, the sharperobjects.com site has something called a "dual load equalizer" for blinker LED's. It does not look like a round flasher, so I am not sure where (or how) it would mount.

I have not ordered or installed any of the parts above. I think they will need to be discussed and approved by this group before I place any order!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts