Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been a believer of the led board for our bikes. I was just waiting for the right opportunity to aquire one. WOW! I'm impressed. Iknew it would be a great looking light, just from the quantity of led's in there. But I really must say... If you think you have any doubts about the effectiveness of the board, all I can say is "wait till you see it, holy $#!*. Absolutly Awsome! Thank you buldog for talking clear alternatives into makeing this bad boy.

:smiley_th:beerchug:

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
Pictures?
There should be pictures of the CA LED board on a thread I think is titled "Clear alternatives LED board now available" started by either CCspinner or bulldog.

I got my LED board last night and installed it at the same time - it's noticably brighter than my trailer lights (incandescent - bolted to the ammo cans) which were about the same brightness as the taillight.

I have a clear lens on the way from kanuck - if I have the time I'll try and take pictures with the red lens and with the clear lens with the same ISO setting.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Curtis, that'd be great - I'm still thinking of putting a red LED board on Orleans (instead of just the two LED lights), but would like to see how much of a difference it makes before I plunk down the $$.

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Well this is one instance where I can say.. "I told you so!" and in a positive way too!
Since I have the sidecar I also bought one for the VN750 taillight on that and it really lights up when I hit the brakes!
If someone says.. I didn't see you, then they don't need to be driving!

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
I'm not real privy to the clear lens. How do they look with a red lens?

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, I'm not posting pics of the lens. I took shot after shot & none really show the intensity of the lights. All I have to say is, it is deffinately a brighter light! I also for those who wonder, am using the Red Lense. I Imagine the clear would look good. It just wasn't what I wanted.

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
When I get the clear lens I'll steal the wife's digital camera and take pics with the red lens, with the lens off, and with the clear lens. The light is definitely bright.

The only bitch I have about the board is the 1157 socket is a bitch to get seated properly. I ended up using a screwdriver (don't ask) to get it in and turned - my fingers weren't good enough...

I might eventually just solder the wires in, but that'll wait till I replace the trailer lights with LED lights and have the soldering gun out anyways.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
The only bitch I have about the board is the 1157 socket is a bitch to get seated properly.
That is the one part of the LED board I wasn't too pleased with also.
But the effectiveness of the LED's is great :smiley_th

A small handle of some type, stuck into the epoxied socket, would've been a BIG help.

But in any case, IMO, it's worth the price.

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
It looks to me like the clear is more white than clear.

On a side note, my daughter fell against one of my relocated turn signals, and snapped that puppy right off. Who said that mounting the turn signals to your tail light wasn't a good idea? They were right! That ape sh*t (gorilla glue) holding my signals on isn't very pretty.

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
I'm not real privy to the clear lens. How do they look with a red lens?
http://www.bulldogsbike.com/ledtaillights.htm#vn750

They look better with the red lenses in my opinion. Clear Alternatives sells a ton of clear lenses to the sport bike croud but the red led boards function just as good (if not better) with the OEM red lenses cover.

I've got the red LED board in both my bikes and can say without a doubt that it was one of the best investments in safety and reducing amperage draw that one can make.

Judging from the satisfaction that the Vn750 owners have stated, it was well worth the time and effort to make these a reality...

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
OK... so I got the lens from Kanuck on saturday - didn't get a chance to steal the wifes camera till last night...

Here goes nothing... Hopefully I labled photos correctly...

Clear lens, bike off

Red lens bike off

Red lens, bike on

Red lens bike on again

no lens bike on

no lens bike on

no lens bike off

clear bike on

clear bike on

clear lens with brakes on (but officer... I was blinded by the brake lights....)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts