Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a little confused with the relocation of turn signals. I see on the leatherlyke web page that there is NO special relocation kit for the VN750. Am I correct in assuming that the KAW relocation kit is required before the leatherlyke bags will fit the bike.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Bill

·
Registered
103 Posts
I bought my VN750 used and it came with a turn signal relocation kit. The original owner gave me all of his receipts so I will look when I get home and see if I can determine who makes them.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I am a little confused with the relocation of turn signals. I see on the leatherlyke web page that there is NO special relocation kit for the VN750. Am I correct in assuming that the KAW relocation kit is required before the leatherlyke bags will fit the bike.

Thanks

Bill
The LL bags come with a relocation kit included in the purchase price. And it can also be purchased separate if wanted. I used it to mount my second set of T/S on my bike. The KAW kit doesn't move the T/S back far enough to clear the lid good for me.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Vulcaneyez, it looks like you have the kaw saddlebag supports which has the rear turn signal relocation as part of it.

lynes, there are many posts on here about people doing different types of relocation as well as location mkitas availible from different dealers. Just click on SEARCH at the top of the forum page and type in turn relocation. You will find TONS of posts and suggestions.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My turn signals are in the way of the lid a little too, but what happens to the holes where the signals were mounted if you move them? Does anyone have a good side view of these signals installed after the kit?

·
Registered
165 Posts
My turn signals are in the way of the lid a little too, but what happens to the holes where the signals were mounted if you move them? Does anyone have a good side view of these signals installed after the kit?
My pics in the gallery or flickr show the light kit mounted but I don't have the LL bags. My son has the LL bags on his bike with the kit from LL installed which doesn't use the KAW support kit. I used a polished stainless (I couldn't find chrome locally) washer and bolt to fill the hole left by moving the T/S. My son is supposed to be in this weekend and I will try to get some pics of the bike. The bike came with the LL bags at purchase.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Here's a side view from the LL site... see attachment

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts

Thanks

Bill
I have the leatherlyke t/s relocation bracket on my 750, works great. Was only like $ 27 delivered to my door.

Just call them, them them what you want and they will ship. Part number is not shown on their web site.

Jon

·
Registered
120 Posts
The instruction sheet for mounting the Kawasaki saddlebag support shows how this is dealt with. The turn signal relocation is part of that. The relocation bracket actually bolts right over where the turn indicator was originally located. See this: View attachment Kawasaki Saddlebag Supports.pdf

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LL Sadlebags.... Done deal

My leatherlyke saddlebags arrived on Friday. I spent about three hours total getting them fitted to my bike. No problems, the instructions are extremely clear with great illustrations. All the enclosed parts fitted great, the turn signal relocation kit had everything included. The only thing I provided extra was my own colored wire. The wire in the relocation kit was black and I wanted different colors for left and right.

I went on a 170 mile group ride with my wife as a passenger this weekend. We really like the extra capacity, room for tool kit rain gear, extra layers of clothing, wifes purse, etc. A little awkward for wifey to get her leg over when mounting the bike but should get easier with practice.

I would recommend these saddlebags to anyone, well worth the cost.

Cheers

Bill

·
Registered
185 Posts
Come on, you know we needs several pics!:doh:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts