Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one here a set of LeatherLyke Bags on their bike or have you seen them in person on a bike and were you impressed or not.I have found a pair of the Cross Country Bags that are made for my bike for cheap!!But i would like some input from some one with experience with them.

·
Drive less, ride more...
1,114 Posts
Yes, a friend of mine had them on his Honda Shadow VT1100 (the bags came on the bike from the PO).

They are nice, and roomy (and I thought they looked good)--but they are pricey if you get 'em new.

Their lockable bags now offer helmet hooks, too.

Unless the pair you've found is used and somehow abused, I personally don't think you'll be sorry (assuming you truly like the "hard" bag look).

Let us know what you decide.....:)

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
I have also had a chance to give them a looking over, and thought they were great. The magazine guys loved them when they first came out a couple decades ago. And if they are made to fit your bike, so much the better. They are very expensive new, so if they are in really good shape sounds like a great deal. Unfortunately they never made any small enough for a Vulcan 750. I'm sure someone somewhere has some on a 750, but the only ones I know about would definitely not be a good fit.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both of you ,the ones I am looking at are on another 1500 like mine and the price is dirt cheap ,considering the new price and look to be in good shape.The guy that has them says no marks or scuffs and he has the mounting hdwe. and the keys.

He has them priced about 1/4 of the new price and they look bigger than the Willie and Max Bags I have now,and I have been looking for hard bags for a while I could afford,I am waiting on a return email about a couple of ?'s I had and then i'll make up my mind ,but I am leaning toward buying them.especially since you all seem pretty familiar with them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts