Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the weekend I pulled the tank and replaced the fuel lines and the vacumn line on the petcock. I took a quick ride to make sure all was well. I rode to work and back yesterday with no problems but, this morning, I start it up and as I am getting set to roll I could smell gas! I get off the bike and put on my glasses (it's hell getting older) and I can see gas dripping off the bottom of the carb on the left side and it is wet clear up to the top. I didn't have time to look deeper into the issue because of the time. Where should I start looking when I get home tonight?

Thanks,

·
Registered
152 Posts
I the same problem last year when I replaced my fuel lines. A small piece of hose broke of when I was putting on the new hose and got stuck in the float valve. I had so much gas running through the carb it filled the front exhaust pipe enough to leak out where the muffler attaches.

I ended up having to pull the carbs out and disassemble to get the piece out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I looked it over last night and discovered that the 90 degree outlet ports from the petcock are separate pieces and can move. The rear outlet port had rotated down and the end of the port, the fuel line and the left hand carb were an interference fit. This caused a hole to be punched in the rear fuel line. I adjusted the outlet port and cut the hole out to fix the problem.

Question - Is there suppose to be something that holds those ports in place besides friction?

Brad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts