Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys bought my first motorcycle yesterday. Noticed that there was a leak around the petcock. Turned it too off position... I wanna ask just in case. The shut off valve for the gas. How would I know if it is in the off position?but it appears to have stopped leaking. I'm used to working on cars so I'm fairly handy but I know a motorcycle is different! Any ideas on what it could be? Also the bike is a 1992 kawasaki vulcan 750. Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
11,824 Posts
The metal elbows that the hoses are attached to are just “pressed in” into the petcock body. Some times they get loose and leak. You can press them back in
with a C clamp and some wood pieces for protection.

Off I believe is with the lever pulled towards the back of the bike.

If fixing doesn’t work, many replace the petcock with the TW unit (you’ll have do do a search to get the part number)

You should also check the hoses for cracks or holes.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered a new petcock just in case. I was gonna go with a cheaper alternative one was like 10 bucks on amazon but went with a 90ish dollar one because that one looked like it was actually gonna fit. Would I be able to push it in without a clamp? Unfortunately I only have woodworking type clamps.

I checked the hoses and they feel fine. Not stiff/hard at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts