Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently cleaned my carbs, but now fuel leaks whenever I ride it. It seems to be coming out of the float bowl chambers... The o-rings all seemed good when I took it apart, none of them had disintegrated, but the float bowl chamber o-rings seemed a little floppy/loose. I thought I put them back together decent enough, but I might be wrong.

At any rate, I'm thinking of just purchasing this carb rebuild kit I found on ebay and doing it again, this time with all new rubber and jets: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-VN750-Vulcan-750-Front-Rear-Carburetor-Jet-Seal-Repair-Rebuild-Kit/153133303118?fits=Model:Vulcan+750|Make:Kawasaki&hash=item23a774c54e:g:5akAAOSwWH1cGDO8

My question is can someone please tell me where all those parts go/what the names of them are? I recognize a lot of them, from the previous cleaning but not all of them. There's 3 mystery parts and a spring I don't recognize and a washer. Can someone tell me where these things go?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
Never saw a complete kit before.

#1 - plunger for the enricher (choke)
#2 - air mixture screw x2 (mystery springs go on these)

Not sure on #3, and the float needle is labeled correctly.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
That's right, #3 is the drain screw, I mixed #3 up with the washer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for all the info! I'm going to tackle this project next week. One more question, the bike runs as is, but I have trouble getting it to idle between 1000 and 1500rpm, and it only runs with choke on and it won't idle below 1500. Think it's just the pilot jet and o-rings causing this?

I made sure not to mess with air/fuel mix screws or sync screws the last time I tore it down. So I'm guessing I should replace the jets, put in new rubber, reassemble and then if it's still giving me trouble then I'll start worrying about rejetting/tuning?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts