Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
I'm going to guess, stuck float. Might see gas gushing out of the vacuum port if you remove the vacuum hose just below.

That's the rear carb, correct? On the right side?

Can try tapping the side of the carb hard to enough to jolt the float loose, without breaking anything. -or- Look up the 'blowback' procedure, sometimes works.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the carb on the left, took a picture of the one with the best lighting since they're identical. Leaking from the snap ring just above the fuel line. I'll try tapping the carb to see if it works and I'll check the vacuum line for fuel. Trying to avoid taking it to a shop. Repairs could cost more than the old bikes worth. Thank you.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It's the carb on the left, took a picture of the one with the best lighting since they're identical. Leaking from the snap ring just above the fuel line. I'll try tapping the carb to see if it works and I'll check the vacuum line for fuel. Trying to avoid taking it to a shop. Repairs could cost more than the old bikes worth. Thank you.
if you take an afternoon you could remove the carb from the bike and replace the ring. If you havnt done it before its gonna take little less then the whole day. but i did it a few months for the second time and boy was i happy i learned myself how to do it. takes me about an hour, 2 tops

1 - 4 of 4 Posts