Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Drive less, ride more...
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those interested, as of this post, a new super-bright LED light is available, which has a very pronounced effect on visibility, with a very small current draw...you can check them out at:

http://www.bikevis.com/motorcycle-led-running-lights.html

and their review on WebBikeWorld at:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/lights/bikevis-led-lights/

NOTE: These LEDs are really more for being seen than anything else--but they do look cool, so I thought you might like to at least be in the know about them. I haven't seen another thread on this forum that mentions them.

For those who think that standard headlamp modulators are hokey, these LEDs have a "modulator" available that does not flash them, but rather makes them "flicker" or "twinkle" a bit....for a neat effect:

http://www.bikevis.com/motorcycle-led-running-light-modulators.html

Mounting these units to a Vulcan 750 will require some thinking, but we know there's more than enough creativity here to go around.....:D

Disclaimer: No, I am not affiliated with any vendor(s) related to the above, in any capacity. Even though they rated well with the WebBikeWorld staff, I'm not endorsing these LEDs' performance or reliability in any way here.

In any case, I hope each of you has a safe, fun riding season in 2010....:motorcycl

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Very nice. Thanks.

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
I've been running 4 (2 sets) of them for 15 months year now with fairly good results. One of them now only works if I press a bit on it so I'm debating whether to order another set. Since my rear flashers have been relocated to allow for saddlebags I mounted them where the rear flashers were. They make a strong red glow under my bags making me easier to notice from the rear.
A little expensive but easy to mount. There isn't anybody in the US who sells them but the guy was knocking about $4 off a set for group orders, probably with reduced shipping too.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Spammer,reported

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Denny,,, What Spammer???

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Hawk's a longtime member....he's adding info about a new product he found....thats all....no spam here, unless he mistyped/pasted the links.

For clarity....I checked the post that Mikey deleted, and he then banned the spammer. It wasnt Hawk's post, it was one added to it. Mike was on it so fast nobody even saw it, lol.....nothing to see here, move along....GJ Mike and Denny....

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Thanks Guys. I'm probably going to order some more of these and had seen on other forums where they gave a small discount on slightly larger than average orders along with reduced shipping.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
...somewhat related note....I saw a Harley commercial the other night, and the 2014s are running LED headlights....I personally dont like em....look too "outer spacey"....

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
...somewhat related note....I saw a Harley commercial the other night, and the 2014s are running LED headlights....I personally dont like em....look too "outer spacey"....
;);)old fart ;);)
jk
I see what you are seeing....

:smiley_th

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
...they look like sumpin outta frickin Star wars, ya know ? Im all fer bright, but 3 visible clusters inside a headlight housing looks like crap, imo...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts