Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All

Please can someone tell me if it is possible to fit a rear wire wheel from a later 800 or 1500 onto a 750? Is it a simple plug and play or will there be issues with the gearing and suchlike?

Thank you

Mike

·
2,526 Posts
Wire wheel with our shaft drive? I doubt it, but anythings possible if you have enough $$$

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lack of KNowledge and New to the Vulcan

Thanks for that Sahark. I did not realise that the later models were not shaft drive like the 750. Oh well I may have to look into some form of powder coating to liven up the look of the rear end.

·
Super Moderator
11,928 Posts
Thanks for that Sahark. I did not realise that the later models were not shaft drive like the 750. Oh well I may have to look into some form of powder coating to liven up the look of the rear end.
You can try putting a real hot chic back there......

Never understood the appeal of wire wheels. You could have the vulcans wheels chromed.... That would look all shiney for ya...

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
personally,I would love it if my Classic had came with cast wheels from the factory,tubes suck!!.

I am about to trade my wire wheels to a set of 1500A wheels and replace them this winter just to get back to tubeless tires.One time standing beside of the road with a tube type tire with a nail in it ,will make you think about why most motorcycles come with cast wheels nowadays .

Wire wheels look great when they are clean,but try to keep them like that .

If you still want wire wheels,look for an early eighties Kawasaki Eliminator 10000 with shaft drive,I think they were almost a direct bolt on IIRC .but of shiny is what you're after I would do like Knife said and chrome what you have on it,JMHO

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your advice everyone. I have decided to stickl with the standard rear wheel and just get it powder coated. The plan for the bike now involves the front forks of a ZX12r and a pseudo bobber look for the bike. I will hopefully get the project finished over the winter and will have a picture for the site next spring.

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
personally,I would love it if my Classic had came with cast wheels from the factory,tubes suck!!.

I am about to trade my wire wheels to a set of 1500A wheels and replace them this winter just to get back to tubeless tires.One time standing beside of the road with a tube type tire with a nail in it ,will make you think about why most motorcycles come with cast wheels nowadays .

Wire wheels look great when they are clean,but try to keep them like that .

If you still want wire wheels,look for an early eighties Kawasaki Eliminator 10000 with shaft drive,I think they were almost a direct bolt on IIRC .but of shiny is what you're after I would do like Knife said and chrome what you have on it,JMHO
You nailed it solid. Tube type tires and no centerstand is NOT a good combination. In fact it can be lethal under the wrong circumstances. There is absolutely no way to fix a flat tire out on the road. IMO, there are still WAY to many bikes coming with this combination, either the manufacturers simply don't care, or they figure todays riders wouldn't know how to fix a flat anyway. But I am a yesterday rider trapped in today's world. Things have changed, but few have actually gotten better. At most one problem has been traded for another, and the original problem was usually easy to deal with, while the new problem is not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts