Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, Just throwing this out there - My buddy called me and said he wanted to take his bike out one more time before he shuts her down for the winter.

I suggested Erie Hotel Port Jervis NY - lunch - for a nice ride through warwick etc.

Meeting by me sunday Nov 25th @ 10am, the Erie does not open kitchen until 11:30 So maybe BS here for a half an hour then head up there, should take about an hour to get to Erie Hotel.

http://www.theeriehotel.com/

I will check this thread this evening - if we get a few riders good - if not - ok.... the place has good food and I like the atmosphere - going to be cool, maybe ill wear my heat.

Kenny

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Id be there in a heartbeat...ya know that...but on way back from Warwick today, the bike started acting up, and besides, Im flat broke (14cents)...so, enjoy if ya go....
Supposed to be a lil warmer tomorrow than today, but I rode to Warwick and back today at 55 and wasnt too bad....
At least stop by here if ya go....

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Id be there in a heartbeat...ya know that...but on way back from Warwick today, the bike started acting up, and besides, Im flat broke (14cents)...so, enjoy if ya go....
Supposed to be a lil warmer tomorrow than today, but I rode to Warwick and back today at 55 and wasnt too bad....
At least stop by here if ya go....
Welp, I can cover your gas and lunch if ya want to come, just hope 14cents makes it to my house....

We will be going over the mountain past the drive in to 94, then to CR1 i think it is, maybe part of 6 i know it by heart but dont know the road #'s or names.

Like I said if you come here i can fill your bike up with some gas I just bought and ill cover your lunch.... your call.

We meet at 10:00am here.

Oh and if you REALLY feel like you need to pay me back, then you can work the splitter next weekend while I shove logs on to it.

Hope you change your mind.

Kenny

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wanted to add: I got the tire snout that you need for your bike BTW - ready to go if you need air too.

kenny

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it was good but cold. I had an Imperial IPA - 18% it was more like wine, one of those was enough haha.
heated gear still working well!

kenny

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
it was good but cold. I had an Imperial IPA - 18% it was more like wine, one of those was enough haha.
heated gear still working well!

kenny
ahhhhhhhhh, there is another IPA. You Guy's are killing me...guess I need to take a break from football games to chase some IPA !! :beerchug:

WilliamTech :smiley_th

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They had an American IPA too, but after what amounted to like 2 glasses of wine with the 18% one I decided to have a coke haha.

kenny

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Sorry I couldnt make it...but my bike just refused to run (it has since). And not sure yet, but I might be needing to split the cases this winter..."somethin" just aint right....:(
Methinks the oil pump mighta took a dump....

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
I didn't see this until now but couldn't have made it anyway. I was out ridin dirty on Sunday though. I don't know why I still convince myself that "I'm just going out to start the bike, get the oil hot and keep the battery charged." There hasn't been a single time I've done that and NOT gone for a ride. I went around the loop (up on the highway, off the first exit, and back into the back of my condo development), put the kick stand down, put gloves on, and went back out for an hour and a half. LOL!!! It was a little chilly but that's what gear is for. :smiley_th

Glad you had a good ride man, easy on the 18 percenters huh? LOL!! ;) :beerchug:

Hey, speaking of IPAs, how has no one started a beer thread yet - especially in Autumn/Winter?

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry I couldnt make it...but my bike just refused to run (it has since). And not sure yet, but I might be needing to split the cases this winter..."somethin" just aint right....:(
Methinks the oil pump mighta took a dump....
Doesn't that fancy bike have an oil pressure light?

kenny

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Hey, speaking of IPAs, how has no one started a beer thread yet - especially in Autumn/Winter?
Nuthin stoppin ya from statin one in Da Belly, brother.... ;)

Doesn't that fancy bike have an oil pressure light?
..yeah...and I guess it wouldda come on had the pump blown...mebbe just clogged lines (that'd keep the pressure up)...damn...my Harleys were so much simpler...separate oil tank, and the only clogs would be in the pushrods, and easy fix with a pipecleaner...

I may replace the idiot light with an actual pressure gauge (can be done)...I gotta go see ED as soon as I get a few bucks together...he's supposed to find me some skirted fenders too that I can play with...:smiley_th *weg*

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have used and love seafoam - you can try that, but if you want to clean any gunk out try the berrymans b12 - just dont leave it in the oil - its chemical based and not a good lubricant.

i used sea foam on an old snow blower oil, what came out looked like chunky crude.

kenny

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Ya...my buddy Jack got me a new can of SeaFoam (plus a new filter and oil), so may do that with my filtered old oil...also picked up a can of ATF...that works too, yet still lubricates...used to use it in all my Chevys....

And btw...make sure yer free around lunchtime tomorrow for a few hrs...WolfPack mtg/lunch/beer tomorrow...might be at the Barnsider in Sugar Loaf....will give ya a call if it goes down....

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
...and a heads up...Sun 48, Mon, tues wed in the frickin 50s !!!...almost 60 on Tues !....oh yeah, its ON !!! :smiley_th

1 - 15 of 15 Posts