Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been searching for weeks to find a bag for my gear that I have to carry back and forth for my job as sys admin for two locations. I ordered this one.
http://www.ebags.com/high_sierra/super_sonic_special_buy/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=70475
Cost about $40 with shipping and I'm amazed that I could get everything in it and still squeeze it into my trunk on the bike.
I have my macbook 13", which fits easily in the well padded laptop compartment, (enough room for a wider laptop), the power supply, mouse, another small bag with a LaCie brick external usb drive and power supply and cables, power screwdriver, ethernet cable crimp tool and rj45 connectors, a CD case that's a zip up 1x2 cd per page full of cd's, various cables, and a bottle of aspirin, all fit inside the backpack. Very well made and nice smooth working zippers. Has a padded shoulder strap, and tucked inside the back side inside a zippered compartment are padded backpack straps, one with a cell phone bag attached. Well worth the money. And if I have to use the trunk for extra stuff, I can wear the backpack and it rests just perfectly on the passenger seat so it's not bearing down on my shoulders while I ride.

If you don't have a trunk, but need to carry a laptop, this bag really is a good one.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
just one question cause this is very important in texas, is it waterproof? if not, are the seams nice and smooth to where a silicone water treatment would take care of it....

I am looking at getting a small sub $700 laptop for school purposes, and that would be important to me. I wonder if it would be to any benifit to look at the rugged lines of laptops instead?

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
humm, i am not feeling to well about the waterproofablity on that bag, looks very nice though. i think i just may take some foam (.5 thick, and maybe with a denser outter foam), and make a soft pouch for it and toss it in one of my saddle bags...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts