Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have not heard, My wife, Linda, seems to have had two strokes since Wed. 8/19/09. She is in intensive care after going through surgery to remove blockage from her left corotid artery, after which she seems to have lost the use of her right side extremities. The doctors say we should wait for 24 hours to see if her movement comes back, but at this time she has lost the sight in her left eye and right arm and leg.

Any thoughts and/or prayers to whatever dietiesyou see fit would be most appreceated at this time.

Thank you,
Stephen R. Lynch Sr.:(:confused::mad:

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
I'm praying too. Please let us know how she does.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
I'll keep you both in my thoughts, Warlord. Sometimes the damage really is only short-term and can resolve in a few days or weeks. Hang in there.

·
Registered
409 Posts
My grandmother went from near total side paralysis to a full recovery in a month. Keep your chin up - because you never know.

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
Hey the "Ladies and Gentleman" caught my eye. I wish you the best and her a full and speedy recovery. Hang in there brother...

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Wishing your wife and you a speedy recovery. Remember it's always darkest in the storm and then it clears. Hope your storm time is short. We will all be praying for you both.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quick update - Linda, while not able to wake up for more than a second or 2, has had reflex reaction in her extremities, but only slightly. She is still in ICU, and will most likely stay in there until next week. She opened her eyes for a moment tonight while I was there, and looked likee she was going to cry, closed her eyes and went comatose again. I can't help thinking that going after this clot in the first place wass not such a good idea, since the massive stroke happened while she was in surgery. :doh::(:mad:

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Your family and you are in my prayers. especially your wife,Denny

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
Here's to your wife's full and speedy recovery. Thanks for the update and I hope things turn around soon.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Feels like I am in a 6 foot ball of jello right now.

Talked to the neurologist on Sat. Also found out all she can do is grunt and moan ( no speech ).

I'll tell you now, they said that it was a good thing that, even though she had a stroke during surgery, it was a good thing that the artery got cleaned, because if she had the stroke before, they would not have touched the artery now.

I and my family thank you for all your prayers, and to know that all my new friends out there are more than just lip service.

Steve:smiley _th

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
Hang in there we wish you both well and will be in our toughts and prayers.

This is the most awesome forum I have ever seen - it's not all about motorcycles but about friendship and kindness. Wow! I'll tell you it's not like this on the HDForums - what a great family of friends! We're all there for you both.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayer.
And I also wish your wife all the best in a complete recovery.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Luck, wishes, and hope for a speedy recovery, you are her foundation now take care of yourself.

·
Registered
411 Posts
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife as well. Having a health-challenged wife myself, I know how gut-wrenching it can be.

Best of prayers. Keep us in the loop.

--FA

·
Calif Rider
725 Posts
Our prayers are with you and your wife. May everything return to normal in a few weeks, there are times when the cure does not do what it is suppose to. Sorry that it has happened.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Warlord, don't be doubting your decision to go after that clot, despite what happened in surgery. That's a more-than-reasonable choice to make - if she'd thrown the clot, she could have ended up in exactly the same situation, and then you'd be saying, "Why didn't we opt for surgery before this happened?" Everything happens for a reason and when it's supposed to - sometimes we don't know that reason right away, but you gotta trust that you did the right thing and the reasoning will become clear later on.

You hang in there - we're all here for you and your wife.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just jumped on tonight and saw the series of posts. Warlord, brother, I can't help but feel for you. Keep the faith. You and your wife are in my family's prayers.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts