Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

hope you've all had a good Christmas!

I have decided to change my Vulcan 750's Indicator (turn signal) over to LED, the rear ones where easy old ones off and new ones on but its the front where I am having difficulties, on my indicators there is a yellow wire and a black wire, whereas on the bike there is Blue/Black & Yellow/Grey,

Its the grey wire that I don't know what to do with as I wont be able to wire this up to anything, I don't think its an earth but do any of you have any ideas??

All the best for 2014!:beerchug:

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
the grey wire is for the park light.. you have to have a three wire LED bulb for the fronts, and you need to get an electronic flasher relay other wise your blinkers are going to blink too fast, or even stay on.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
turn signal

Thanks,
I have my new LED Flasher relay but the only front LED Bulbs I could find here in UK have 2 wires, if the grey wire is for the park light can I just dispose of that or will they not work ?

Chris.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Thanks,
I have my new LED Flasher relay but the only front LED Bulbs I could find here in UK have 2 wires, if the grey wire is for the park light can I just dispose of that or will they not work ?

Chris.
I supose,.....two wire + case ground.... ?

Running lights should function...local laws ? ? ?

:smiley_th

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Thanks,

Chris.
You could just tape off the grey wires as they are "HOT" with the key on. If it is legal to NOT have running lights in your area, I suppose it's OK, but if it were me, I would WANT to have them for safety and being visible to others.

Check my signature for inserts to replace stock bulbs with LED boards and PM me if you are interested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts