Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone one know the correct part number for the Kuryakyn Shift Peg for a '97?

On Kuryakyn website it show two that I believe would fit but not certain. Part number KY-4034 or KY-4036.

Please help..

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about for the front and passenger pegs

Now that I have done the brake cover and shift peg, I want to do the front and rear pegs. Does anyone know the Kuryakyn model number that fits the '97 750?

Thank you advance for your help..

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Now that I have done the brake cover and shift peg, I want to do the front and rear pegs. Does anyone know the Kuryakyn model number that fits the '97 750?

Thank you advance for your help..
Have you considered Floorboards ?

WilliamTech :smiley_th

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Floorboards

Have you considered Floorboards ?

Actually I haven't. Is that an easy conversion or do I have to do modification? I prefer to just remove a bolt, replace and the put bolt back on. LOL

What floor boards would you recommend?

Thanks

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Actually I haven't. Is that an easy conversion or do I have to do modification? I prefer to just remove a bolt, replace and the put bolt back on. LOL

What floor boards would you recommend?

Thanks
Floorboards bolt on just that easy. No modification required.
I have read one member actually preferred KM's Floorboards
(actually switched ), over another aftermarket brand Floorboards.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone have an idea or quick fix for the kuryakyn 4036 pads? I installed it removing the rubber piece that was originally on the shifter peg, then after a ride for the day, when I got home I noticed the the rubber pads were protruding from the cover. I then pushed them back in and then again after again the same situation. What am I doing wrong?? Help PLEASE...

Thank you

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like Kuryakyn 8851 better. It matches the 4029 brake cover but looks more like a shift peg. Fits fine. jmo

http://www.powersportsuperstore.com/PhotoGallery.asp?ProductCode=4096299
Can someone please help??:doh:

I was wondering how did you install the 8851 model? Because I ordered both styles of shift pegs to see which would work best. However, I have encounter a few issues.

1. Number 8851 it doesn't fit. The hole in it seems too small.
2. Number 4036 fits. However, the rubber pads keep popping out due to the foot motion on it. I removed it and reinstalled it and still the same issue. I even noticed that the lower rubber pad on the left side of the two is already getting ripped.

Any info I would truly appreciate it.:smiley_th

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Can someone please help??:doh:

I was wondering how did you install the 8851 model? Because I ordered both styles of shift pegs to see which would work best. However, I have encounter a few issues.

1. Number 8851 it doesn't fit. The hole in it seems too small.
2. Number 4036 fits. However, the rubber pads keep popping out due to the foot motion on it. I removed it and reinstalled it and still the same issue. I even noticed that the lower rubber pad on the left side of the two is already getting ripped.

Any info I would truly appreciate it.:smiley_th

Thanks
Three of us are using the 8851. Looks great and is much more comfortable because of the raised rubber and it is longer. You do have to use a disc grinder and grind down the outer ridge a little. Do a little at a time until the footpeg slides over the ridge with moderate pressure. You also have to remove the stock rubber sleeve.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Three of us are using the 8851. Looks great and is much more comfortable because of the raised rubber and it is longer. You do have to use a disc grinder and grind down the outer ridge a little. Do a little at a time until the footpeg slides over the ridge with moderate pressure. You also have to remove the stock rubber sleeve.
Thank you so much for the info. I will do this. And yes I have removed original rubber on it.

Thanks again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts