Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Dave
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK gang, back again with more questions. (Don't you just love us newbies!)

Got a pair of 800 Vulcan pegs off ebay and honestly they aren't that much longer, about 1/2". Not enough.Not a biggie, less than $20 with shipping.

I searched and found an archived forum message and here it is:

"Stargazer09-09-2004, 10:08 PM
I replaced my passenger pegs with Kuryakyn Footboards # 7907 and Footpeg adapters # 8830. Pricey but I like them. Much nicer than pegs for any passenger you may have."

I looked up #7907 and they have changed it and its now KY4455. The KY8830adapter is available. Has anyone done this with the new KY4455 and found it to work ok? I also saw some Kury footpegs that had extended mounts available and could go that route if the boards won't work but again not sure which ones will work on our bikes without mods to the bike. Not interested in cutting and rewelding anything.

Thanks for your time. I have a great wife and she likes to ride with me. Just like to get her feet on something that fits her needs.
Dave:D

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
I am coming up with the 8831 for the adapter (used on the VN800 for the rear...) 8830 shows for the front. since it looks as though all the mounts are the same for Kawasaki models for the rear, I would say its safe to assume that the 8831 is the one you need to put boards on the rear. the KY4455 is in fact the universal passenger floor board. While you are at it you might want to get some floor boards for the front (makes it match that way)

Kuryakyn Metric ISO Driver and Passenger Boards

·
Dave
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Slimvulcanrider,

Thanks for your research. Greatly appreciated!

Here is the thread I read from. It is from 2004 so things may have changed.

http://www.vn750.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-368.html

Maybe someone will check in that's done this recently and confirm your findings.

Dave:beerchug:

Hummm, pair for the front too...... might be nice to have.........let me get the rear squared away first.......

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
ok I stand corrected... after reading the thread you posted, I stand corrected. Use the 8830's... I can't wait to see these installed on your bike... I want to use some Zombie pegs on my bike...

·
Dave
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, just ordered KY4455 and Ky8830's. We'll see how this works out.........

Will report back when installed.

Dave:smiley_th

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
make sure to take pics, and if the 8830's don't work exchange them for the 8831's. I am positive the board will be right... the adapters I am still iffy on..

What are you doing with the VN800 pegs?

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
after clicking on your ebay link, I can see why the VN800 pegs didn't work... you wanted to go with the drivers pegs not passenger... but ohh well... they will work for my intentions.

PM sent

also if the vn800 rear pegs mounted up to the vn750 brackets then the adapter needed should be the 8831 not the 8830... the 8831 has the ball bearing inside it to keep the pegs up, the 8830 doesn't

·
Dave
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
the 8831 has the ball bearing inside it to keep the pegs up, the 8830 doesn't

Oh crap, didn't notice that in the pics. Wonder if I can change the order before it ships.

PM message sent back.
dave:doh::doh:

UPDATE!!!! I just ordered the 8831's also. Now we'll see which ones fit and if I do the fronts we'll see if the 8830's work up there!
ds

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
the 8830's will work up front with out issue. the pictures didn't show the difference between the two... the listing in my Kury link makes it self explaintory... and since you have confirmed that the vn800 passenger pegs work as replacements for the VN750 stock passenger pegs, its a no brainer use the same set up Kury recommends for the vn800... As soon as I get the Kury Page to load I will post the fitment chart up...

·
Dave
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I was trying to do the same thing yesterday and it wouldn't let me do it either................
ds:hitanykey

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
ok so i complain then out of the blue it finally opens... so here we go... here is the Kawasaki Fitment Chart

Kawasaki
Model Year Front Rear

Vulcan 2000 (All Models) '04-'09 None 8831
Vulcan 1700 Classic/LT '09 None 8831
Vulcan 1600 Classic '03-'08 None 8831
Vulcan 1500 Classic '96-'08 None 8831
Vulcan 1500 A/B '87-'99 8830 8831
Vulcan 1500 Drifter '99-'05 None 8831
Vulcan 1500/1600 Mean Streak '02-'08 8830 8831
Vulcan 900 Classic '06-'09 None 8831
Vulcan 900 Custom '07-'09 8830 8831
Vulcan 800 Classic '96-'05 8830 8831
Vulcan 800 Custom '95-'05 8830 8831

8830 Peg Mounts

8831 Peg Mounts click peg adapter to download the installation PDF file.

·
Dave
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haven't gotten them yet. Suppose to ship tomorrow. I think the 8830's held it up since I already received the 8831's. I asked them to hold and ship all at once to save shipping but that didn't happen............

Get the pegs?
Dave

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Haven't gotten them yet. Suppose to ship tomorrow. I think the 8830's held it up since I already received the 8831's. I asked them to hold and ship all at once to save shipping but that didn't happen............

Get the pegs?
Dave
Yes I did. Mounted them up without a problem. This makes me 100% sure that the 8831 adapters are correct.

·
Dave
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Post a new thread with picks and a walk through on how easy this upgrade is
Well,

From what I'm seeing they aren't gonna work. First, you do use the 8830's on the rear because the hole for the pin from the old pegs is the proper size. Next, put a star washer in there to take up slack between the frame mount and the 8830. That worked fine. Next, the allen wrench head screw is too long and it appeared to bottom out on the 8830 pivot before tightening. Made a head spacer and took care of that. Then mounted the floorboard left them loose, wife got on, tightened to where they fit her, and with any weight on the end that would loosen the screw (rear on right board, front on left board) the screw loosens up. When that happens after dismounting clunk goes the floorboard right on my nice shiny pipe. It really doesn't seem that the serations are engaging the 8830 enough and I can't tighten them anymore. The shaft is too long and does engage.

This is where I'm at a this point, Headed to the Kuryakyn site right now to see if there is something else I can buy to keep them from rotating so easy.
Dave:(

UPDATE
Ok I just realized I ordered the adapters for pegs, not boards. Look at the site and see if you don't think I need the SPLINED ADAPTERS 8813 which are for the front BUT thats the same as the 8830 that worked on the rear. Damn, I'm gonna have a Kuryakyn warehouse full of stuff by the time I'm done. I'm not ordering until you think the same thing.

I wonder how that guy from the post 4 years ago did it? I'm gonna go look for that again.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts