Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have the right angle mount highway pegs (not regular pegs). Jax supplied me with everything when he sold them to me, but I want to say the clamps are the 7942 magnum quick clamps (don't take my word for it, measure twice buy once). The 4503 right angle mounts come with a tab that locks to the clamp. Mine have never slipped at all! Great design IMHO

·
Registered
45 Posts
I replaced my passenger pegs with Kuryakyn Footboards # 7907 and Footpeg adapters # 8830. Pricey but I like them. Much nicer than pegs for any passenger you may have.
Of course KM's boards are a lot cheaper. But you're asking about pefs. Sorry.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Stargazer, did the Kuryakin 8830 adapters go on your bike without any modifications? I ordered (and received today) a set of 7907 boards through CruiserCustomizing.com. I ordered 8802 adapters as that was what was listed on their website as having a Vulcan 750 application. As soon as I looked at them I knew they were wrong. I called Kuryakin and all they would say was they didn't have any adapters listed for the VN 750. I called CruiserCustomizing and they just said they didn't gurantee any fitting. CruiserCustomizing did say they would make an exchange if I found out which adapter I really needed.

I really would like to use these boards. As you pointed out they are pricey but nice. Before I exchange the 8802 adapters for the 8830's I just want to be sure those are really the right ones.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I used the 8830 adapters to install the 4446 switchblade pegs. I like the pegs themselves but the switchblade part just didn't work. Two much torque was twisting the pegs on the left, and it would not be able to open on the right without rubbing against some of the brake linkages.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks for the info Mike.
I am still a little confused though, as both the Kuryakin and CruiserCustomizing sites indicate the 8830 as being for front application. The 8831 is one they indicate for the rear (passenger) peg installation. What I need is to install the 7907 boards on the rear (passenger) location.

·
Registered
45 Posts
As I mentioned in my previous post the part numbers I ordered from Kury were correct. I originally intended these for the front. But they did not work out for many reasons. So, before I boxed them up to return them to Kury I tried them on the back. What the hey, it would not hurt right? And lo and behold they worked great. They look good, are functional, and my wife, on the rare occasions when she does ride likes then so much better than the pegs. She felt uncomfortable with the foot pegs.
If you want I can take some pixs and post them.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks Stargazer!

Actually, I've seen photos of the 7907 floorboards mounted on other VN 750's, so I know it's possible. I just didn't know for sure which adapters were used. One guy indicated he used modified adapters for a Honda. I took a close look at the Kawasaki parts diagrams for various bikes and noticed that the front pegs for the VN 800 are very similar to the rear pegs on the VN 750. That explains why the 8830 adapters (listed as for the front on a VN 800 & others) will fit the rear on the VN 750.

I'll order the 8830 adapters.

I would like to thank the creators of this site & all the participating members. This is a great place for getting some very frustrating problems solved.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ordered the 8830 adapters and put them on the rear, I used a wave washer to tighten up the fit, they are slightly narrow. They look and work AWESOME. I also tried them on the front, they will work there also. Thanks for the replys!

·
Registered
120 Posts
The 8830 adapters arrived today (that was really fast) and it took just a short time to install them. They are a little narrow , but with a rubber washer put in the mount, they work great. My wife will give the new floor boards a try riding behind me tommorrow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have installed "DUALY PEGS" on the rear, and now have "ISO WINGS" on the front of my 2005 VN750, they look and feel GREAT! The Iso Wings offer about 2" more leg room. I used 8830 adapters on both front and rear, a plated wave washer from Hardware Hank takes up the little bit of play in the adapters. I used 2" offsets on the rear, that gives my wife a MUCH more comfortable ride. I used a 1" extension on the right front ISO WING. Puts the front pegs the same distance from the bike now. Kuryakyn wouldnt say any of these parts would fit, but THEY DO!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.