Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I got the kryptonite series 4 disc lock for my "Archangel" and surprise surprise. It doesn't fit through the holes on the disc brake, nor could I figure out a way to lock the disc in the 2 minutes I had to look at it.
Did anyone else have this issue? What was your solution (beside procuring a different disc brake)? I'm mulling over aggrandizing two of the holes in the disc. Let me know what you think.
Thanks in advance for any suggestion, and ride safe.

PS: my MF high performance Yuasa battery came in today

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
I'd return the lock. I would not enlarge any holes to make it fit.

Disc locks can be dangerous, and most times useless.

But just my opinion.

Save your money, and buy an alarm that pages you when the bike gets moved. Then buy a gun. Works alot better.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,734 Posts
I'd return the lock. I would not enlarge any holes to make it fit.

Disc locks can be dangerous, and most times useless.

But just my opinion.

Save your money, and buy an alarm that pages you when the bike gets moved. Then buy a gun. Works alot better.
after buying the gun, buy some bullets and targets. then go learn how to shoot the gun! not only is it fun to do, but it might save your bike (and your life!) one day!

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
Seriously , if someone wants your bike, they will take it no matter what you do...(except for the silent alarm/gun suggestion perhaps)

That's what insurance is for. The Vulcan 750 is pretty low on the list of popular bikes to steal. If you are worried about parking it at night outside, get a cover, a length of heavy chain and a good lock. Chain it to something solid...like a lamp post...and keep the bike covered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts