Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I start my bike cold (especially mild outdoor weather), I have a knocking noise in the front cylinder. It starts when I run up to 2-3k and continues as it comes back to idle for a few seconds, then suddenly stops knocking. As it warms up, it takes more revs to make it happen, and it stops sooner upon reaching idle. It stops knocking altogether by the time the temp guage hits the 2nd line (maybe sooner?) and doesn't knock again until the next cold start. Oil level is halfway between marks. 11,531 on the odometer. Original ACCT.

Any ideas?

Cold start. Knocks at idle after revving, then stops like a switch is flipped.

A bit warmer, but still not up to temp. Notice how it stops immediately upon hitting idle?

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Could be a sticky lash adjuster. Seafoam in the oil can help, I run it 200 miles before an oil change, just when I feel it needs some internal cleaning, not every oil change. Cleans valve stems too.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put some seafoam in the oil. I'll change it after about 200 miles and see if the knock clears up.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Could be a sticky lash adjuster. Seafoam in the oil can help, I run it 200 miles before an oil change, just when I feel it needs some internal cleaning, not every oil change. Cleans valve stems too.
How much do you add to the oil?
Thanks!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was either 1 or 2 oz per qt. I wanna say 1. So a total of 4 oz.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts