Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering about something that I think would be a pretty cool idea. Can someone tell me if it's ok to put a kmz file on the site? A kmz file is the file one can create on Google Earth and send to other people. I know it works in email and am assuming it will work on this site but I am a newbie and don't know if I have the permission to post one on here. When I got my bike this fall I began plotting the routes on Google Earth. I have began to create a log book of sorts which shows the dates and length of the ride. If you are familiar with Google Earth you will know that there is a ruler icon at the top of the screen. When you pick the ruler you have some options. One of the options is "path". By choosing "path" you can pick all the bends in the route you have ridden and at the end, save it. By creating a kmz file and sharing it, the recipient can click on the link and not only will google earth be activated, the path you have included will be attached and google earth will automatically zoom to the site. If there are points of interest, you can also drop a "thumbtack" and others can zoom to the thumbtack and then go into the "ground view" in google earth and see whatever it is that you would like to show. Maybe like some interesting curves or whatever. Illinois is pretty flat and boring but next summer, I plan to ride over to Galena, IL which is not too far from the Mississippi. The terrain there is pretty hilly and some of the roads look like they will be fun to ride. Stagecoach Trail between Galena and Warren, Il, looks like a pretty good ride. I would be more than happy to post the one I have if I can get permission from the "powers that be". I don't have many on my map but it will give you a good idea of what you can do with it.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,209 Posts
I personally don't know or think there should be a problem but I'm not one of the guys with a little crown next to my screen name (I'm not a king moderator lol)

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts