Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone please tell me where the end of the kill switch on the right side above the starter button comes out on the bike. On the coil mod it is saying to use that switch but I don't know where to find it on the bike. Surely someone remembers so I don't have to figure it out.

Grace and Peace to you!
Richard

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
it goes to the red wire on the ignition coils and
comes from the yellow wire on the ignition switch... easiest place to tap into the wire is at the ignition control box. again, solid red wire.

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
it goes to the red wire on the ignition coils and
comes from the yellow wire on the ignition switch... easiest place to tap into the wire is at the ignition control box. again, solid red wire.
Mine was running about a half volt lower at both coils. Not terribly bad, but didn't want to have it get worse over time. I just finished mine and I used the red wire off the back coil as the trigger for the relay, taped up the same wire on the front coil and ran it that way. Hot wire and ground both ran to the battery. Works perfect!! Same voltage at both coils as the battery. :rockon:

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Mine was running about a half volt lower at both coils. Not terribly bad, but didn't want to have it get worse over time.!! I just finished mine and I used the red wire off the back coil as the trigger for the relay, taped up the same wire on the front coil and ran it that way. Hot wire and ground both ran to the battery. Works perfect Same voltage at both coils as the battery. :rockon:
Exactly the same way I did it. :smiley_th

·
Registered
442 Posts
I just "stole" the red wire from the rear coil, fed that to the relay coil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts