Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after doing the two-wire mod, and the headlight mod, I don't need the kickstand switch. Can I just cut the wire and tape it off and wire tie it out of the way ? Pretty sure I can, just asking. Also, I am gonna shave off the bracket that holds the kickstand switch, looks cleaner that way.

·
Super Moderator
11,926 Posts
I think it needs to be grounded out, you can't just cut it.... and I guess you plan to never sell the bike, as it's not advisable to alter the frame if you do.

And by the way, I think everyone here is aware of why the 1985 model was a 700 and not a 750.... ;)

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
Maybe connect the two harness-side wires together. You can test the switch, if it shows continuity when the plunger is pressed in, connect the remaining two wires together. (assuming the switch works now)

Not 100% sure, haven't done it myself, but I'm fairly certain you can't just unplug the switch. Some nanny switches do work that way, unplug the switch and it's bypassed (tractor seat).

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,193 Posts
I think it needs to be grounded out, you can't just cut it.... and I guess you plan to never sell the bike, as it's not advisable to alter the frame if you do.

And by the way, I think everyone here is aware of why the 1985 model was a 700 and not a 750.... ;)
what the hell is that last part about???

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm a newb

It is him telling me my signature is lame because everyone all ready knows why the first year is a 700. Well, newbies don't and I didn't when I joined so I thought it would fill some people in. My bad:grin2:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Spockster

Thanks Spockster, I am going to do it tomorrow, even though I will never be able to sell my bike afterwards:grin2:

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,193 Posts
It is him telling me my signature is lame because everyone all ready knows why the first year is a 700. Well, newbies don't and I didn't when I joined so I thought it would fill some people in. My bad:grin2:
don't mind KM.sometimes he forgets his geritol and his one a day vitamins and he gets a little grumpy(sounds like someone needs a snickers bar).a little information never hurts,even if you already know it. not all of us know everything

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Missouri

Yeah, I know how those old Geezers from Missouri can be.

P.S. I am an old Geezer from Missouri:laugh:

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,193 Posts
yea but old geezers with power trips goes a little too far 😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉

·
Super Moderator
11,926 Posts
Yeah, I know how those old Geezers from Missouri can be.

P.S. I am an old Geezer from Missouri:laugh:
Was not meant to offend you, was just yanking your chain...(I did put a winky face there) Sorry if you thought I was just being mean...:(

And I bet then you know the only reason for the 1985 tariff was because Harley Davidson was all butt hurt because no one was buying their motorcycles...when they heard the Japanese were going to import large engined bikes to directly compete against them, they went crying to the government to do something so they wouldn't go out of business. :)

An interesting discussion here:
http://www.cycleforums.com/forums/101-american-iron/42550-truth-about-harley-tariff.html#/topics/42550

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,193 Posts
I'm busting balls as well,KM,hence the 😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,193 Posts
Was not meant to offend you, was just yanking your chain...(I did put a winky face there) Sorry if you thought I was just being mean...:(

And I bet then you know the only reason for the 1985 tariff was because Harley Davidson was all butt hurt because no one was buying their motorcycles...when they heard the Japanese were going to import large engined bikes to directly compete against them, they went crying to the government to do something so they wouldn't go out of business. :)

An interesting discussion here:
http://www.cycleforums.com/forums/101-american-iron/42550-truth-about-harley-tariff.html#/topics/42550
which made the Japanese up the ante on the 700's with cam and carb work...

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
which made the Japanese up the ante on the 700's with cam and carb work...

Vrroom, vroom. zoom. Flyin' purple Harley eater. >:)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No Way

Dude, My bike's name is Spock, I posted that allready, because I got it the day Leonard Nimoy died. And I call it the Purple Harley Eater, I swear, LOL. Check out those mufflers that cost me 35 bucks brand new on Ebay:grin2: God, I love this bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
Hmm, might be my week to pick lottery numbers. :)

Looking good Spock!

I can get Harley mufflers almost every day for $15-20/pair. But $35 wasn't bad for a pair.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,193 Posts
picked up a pair of screaming eagles for mine for $25.she's a loud bitch

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Goat's Belly

When I first got my bike, I went on a ride with my friends, who mostly ride harleys. They said my bike sounded like a 200cc 4-wheeler and I couldn't argue, lol. Ripped the goat's belly off quick, thanks to info on this forum, and funny thing is, my old lady's 883 and my bike now have the exactly same mufflers. She hates it cuz my bike sounds SO much better and will eat her up, of course that is what Purple Harley Eaters do right ? Did I mention I love my bike ? Well, it's the 4th of July, and they are having a bike rally 20 miles from here, I feel like feeding my Harley Eater :grin2:

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
I've said that before, that some VNs with punched out mufflers sound like atvs. But done right, they can sound good.

Not sure if I'll get to ride again or not. Debating right now whether to renew the insurance, due this week.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,193 Posts
oh mine don't sound like an atv, but I do recall someone (you know who you are😉)who didn't like the popping boom noises riding behind me decelerating down that hill on 17a into Greenwood Lake.lol

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
Ha! I'm going to put an aquarium valve on a vac hose, so I can fire at will.

I don't mind riding behind the Ultra Classic, those Rhineharts on it sound nice. Every little while, an air donut will hit my face or chest. lol

I've been checking all the videos I find, so I know what to do if I decide to change mufflers. (probably some HD takeoffs)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts