Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's raining here today in Kentucky.....as I go through the posts on this site, I thought it might be prudent to know how many Kentucky riders frequent this site. If you have time....please check in and give your location.
I'm located in Paris, Ky. About 18 miles NE of Lexington....Bourbon County.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I was in Kentucky once. Work sent me to the the Mazak plant (they make CNC machines) in Florence. Spent a week there learning machine programing. Great scenery on the way to the place from the hotel (just across the river from Cinci). Just wish I could've seen more!
The catch phrase that goes with their logo is 'The other Thoroughbred from Kentucky'

I think we're getting the rain you had now, in PA. Thanks ! ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, I know exactly where Paris, been through it several times. I own a 2005 VN 750. My girlfriend and I have had a blast the past to riding seasons. We will have to take a roide up through Paris sometime.

Patrick

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey, I just started riding on a '99 Vulcan. Actually, I bought it from the guy that started this post. It's just starting to get there weather wise and I'm having a blast. Good fun around these rural rodes in Fayette county. I figured I'd just let y'all know where I'm at.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am from Louisville, KY. Have put about 18K miles on my 2005 Vulcan in the past two seasons. Been to Arkansa, Tennesse, NC, Virgina and have had a blast. These miles were with my girlfriend who just purchased a Bike this season. Looking to put some miles on with her by my side instead of behind me although I will miss my backrest!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi, I am located in Mt.Vernon and have lived in Paris while working for the L&N Railroad. I ride a 1986 vn750 one day and work on it the next day.but still enjoy the ride

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nicholasville rider here,own a 2004 vn 750......love it and use it to get back n forth to work in lexington....like to get some saddlebags and a crash bar.....can you steer me to where to acquire these items and whats the best?

·
2FAS4U
469 Posts
There is the Kawasaki crash bar,which I have, around $80. There has been a Wingerline(sp?) on Ebay recently also for about $135.
Depends on what size bags you want. I like the Willie and Max, synthetic leather and easier to care for. They Zip off for easier removal. I had the 12" and now use the 16". The Saddleman bags are nice too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello Kentucky

Thediode here, out of LaGrange,Ky. I saw a VN750 on the way to Louisville for work this AM. I couldn't miss the ears, I was in the red Magnum, about 6:20 AM. :beerchug:Anyone I should be looking for?

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
it is a little old but you caught my eye,I live in Inez ,Greg .One of my cousins lives on RTE 3 on the Inez side of Thunder Ridge,I am waiting on a clutch cable and I'll be ready to roll,with an old 92 model I have been working on check it out on my profile,Denny

·
Registered
38 Posts
For the guy looking for saddle bags there is a place at the london ky. exit on I-75 that has a great deal on all kinds of bags and leather. I'm in Indiana and plan another trip down there to get more leather

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey not from KY... but I do live 23 miles from the KY line if you cross at Old Shawneetown...I recently moved to Harrisburg,IL....I have a 2000 VN750 with 15875 miles purchased it in May 2008 with 13468 I love the way she handles...just wish you could get more accessories for them....but hey got a brother in law that can weld and make anything...

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I live in Lexington'Ky Can't wait till i can get my bike out.seems like winter is lasting forever.
I had mine out last Sunday and it has
snowed in Martin Co.every day since. Feb ,riding in east Ky not an every year thing.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts