Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

who's all going to the Kentucy Iron Derby?

• yes, I'm going, but I will only be there for the day

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok, it's getting so close to the "Kentucky Iron Derby 2013" (VN750 Gathering), we need a "head count" so, I think it's time for a poll......

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
I'm reserved at the best western in Winchester Kentucky Friday night Saturday night and leaving Sunday morning

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
I guess I'm stayin wherever...lol... So do I voted other...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
as it stands now,I will be camping at Koomer Ridge Campground.Hopefully I will be able to get a spot for the camper if not,I'll probably be there in a tent.I will probably go down Thursday and setup the camper and have some one bring me back for my bike.If no spot is available I will be setting up a tent Friday.I'll talk to several of you individually on the phone the week of the Derby so we can coordinate a meetup on Friday evening. We gonna have a good time :smiley_th

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Booked at the Winchester Best Western Friday and Saturday. Will ride Sunday then take off North. Found three different prices before booked. No AAA discount.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'm reserved at the best western in Winchester Kentucky Friday night Saturday night and leaving Sunday morning
that's the same plan the wife and I have too.

I guess I'm stayin wherever...lol... So do I voted other...
the was the whole idea of "other". that's why I put that in there just, for you Old Dog! lol you voted right. :smiley_th

as it stands now,I will be camping at Koomer Ridge Campground.Hopefully I will be able to get a spot for the camper if not,I'll probably be there in a tent.I will probably go down Thursday and setup the camper and have some one bring me back for my bike.If no spot is available I will be setting up a tent Friday.I'll talk to several of you individually on the phone the week of the Derby so we can coordinate a meetup on Friday evening. We gonna have a good time :smiley_th

Koomer Ridge Campground? hmmm....I'm gonna have to look that up and see where's that's at. is it "motorcycle friendly"? and yes, we are going to have a good time!:beerchug:

Booked at the Winchester Best Western Friday and Saturday. Will ride Sunday then take off North. Found three different prices before booked. No AAA discount.
after some looking, I found AAA rates/discounts, but found that if you did the "book in advance" thing, that was cheaper than the AAA rates/discount. just a FYI thing. :)

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Hey Od if you haven't firmed up reservations there is a spot for you in the camper with me and Ted.It will have AC but we will have to use the shower house at the campground,Plus it will give us time to talk bikes and get some face time,I am going down on thursday and Ted is going to drive down and pick me up and We will come back for the bikes.The Koomer ridge campground is first come first serve so I want to set it up Thurs.to be sure to have spot.

I'll leave my old truck down there so,I won't have to make two trips in it plus it will be available in case of any unforseen bad luck ,flat breakdown or whatever and a grocery hauler for saturday eves cook out.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Hey Od if you haven't firmed up reservations there is a spot for you in the camper with me and Ted.It will have AC but we will have to use the shower house at the campground,Plus it will give us time to talk bikes and get some face time,I am going down on thursday and Ted is going to drive down and pick me up and We will come back for the bikes.The Koomer ridge campground is first come first serve so I want to set it up Thurs.to be sure to have spot.

I'll leave my old truck down there so,I won't have to make two trips in it plus it will be available in case of any unforseen bad luck ,flat breakdown or whatever and a grocery hauler for saturday eves cook out.
Well I haven't firmed up anything yet, kinda makin sure I'm firmed up first, I think I am pretty much... There is a motel right smack in the middle of Stanton (Abner's Motel - 606-663-4379) that I kinda have an eye on...
It looks ok, and is all ground level I think...

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Ruger check your email if you haven't already.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I just got off the phone with Firetire2 and it sounds like things are starting to come together.

as of right now the plan is as follows......

Thursday after work, the wife and I are riding down to Grove City and meeting up with bj31702.

on Friday morning, centurynick, firetire2 and rbauze are meeting up with us in Grove City. then we are heading south to Hillsboro, OH., and meeting up with CW-4. then we are heading south some more to Winchester, KY..

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I just got off the phone with Firetire2 and it sounds like things are starting to come together.

as of right now the plan is as follows......

Thursday after work, the wife and I are riding down to Grove City and meeting up with bj31702.

on Friday morning, centurynick, firetire2 and rbauze are meeting up with us in Grove City. then we are heading south to Hillsboro, OH., and meeting up with CW-4. then we are heading south some more to Winchester, KY..
Alright:smiley_th,I am going to drive the truck and camper down on Thurs. and coming back for my bike.I'll probably stay there on Thursday night and ride down to Winchester and meet up with you all t least for dinner Friday evening.We can plan out our riding for Saturday then. Just about a week until we make this happen.:rockon:

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Alright:smiley_th,I am going to drive the truck and camper down on Thurs. and coming back for my bike.I'll probably stay there on Thursday night and ride down to Winchester and meet up with you all t least for dinner Friday evening.We can plan out our riding for Saturday then. Just about a week until we make this happen.:rockon:
OK-Now are we not riding Fri. the 9th...??? I was thinking we rode Fri, Sat. & Sun. 9th, 10th, & 11th... I was thinking that I would ride up Thursday, touch base (Cell Ph.) and meet up with y'all and ride Fri., Sat., Sun., then head home Monday morning... As of right now it looks like I am going if the good Lord's willing and the creeks don't rise or Aug. turns out to be rain/rain/rain, like we have had here in good ole dry July, I'm not a night time or rain rider if I can help it though...lol...

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
OK-Now are we not riding Fri. the 9th...??? I was thinking we rode Fri, Sat. & Sun. 9th, 10th, & 11th... I was thinking that I would ride up Thursday, touch base (Cell Ph.) and meet up with y'all and ride Fri., Sat., Sun., then head home Monday morning... As of right now it looks like I am going if the good Lord's willing and the creeks don't rise or Aug. turns out to be rain/rain/rain, like we have had here in good ole dry July, I'm not a night time or rain rider if I can help it though...lol...
yeah ,we will be down there and riding on all three days the ones from up north are coming down on Friday,and the ones of us who are there will meet up with them on Friday whenever they get there,although I will probably pull out Sunday evening to come back after my pickup and retrieve the camper,on Mon.morning

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
we are with you OD, with the whole night time/rain rider! lol we (the wife and I at least) are not much for riding at night or in the rain. but we will if need be.

as for riding on Friday, the "Buckeye Bunch" won't be rolling into Winchester, KY., until sometime around 3:00pm-ish. it all depends on what time we leave Grove City. what time we leave Grove City, is going to depend on what time everyone gets to Grove City.

but like Denny said, he and friends, will be already there and riding around on Friday.

yeah ,we will be down there and riding on all three days the ones from up north are coming down on Friday,and the ones of us who are there will meet up with them on Friday whenever they get there,although I will probably pull out Sunday evening to come back after my pickup and retrieve the camper,on Mon.morning
cool. we are looking forward to having dinner with you and friends, Denny. :beerchug: although, Kanuck69 and wife will not be coming into Winchester, KY., until later in the evening. we don't expect to see them until around 10:00pm or so, :( and by that time I will be drunk or sleeping or both! lol

one week from today, the wife and I are leaving for this! woo hoo! big fun! :rockon:

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
OK-Now I understand (I think)... I think we need to pass around (PM) some cell phone numbers or something so we can make contact once we are on the road or there...
So what is the list of those going...??? I will PM them my cell number...

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
OK-Now I understand (I think)... I think we need to pass around (PM) some cell phone numbers or something so we can make contact once we are on the road or there...
So what is the list of those going...??? I will PM them my cell number...
good idea OD. I am working on a "contact list" that I will be email to the ones that I have email addresses for (you being one of them). but if you'd like to PM everyone, that's cool too.

here's the list of who I know are going as of now;

Ruger
Firetire2
rbauze
birdhunter02
Kanuck69
Denny6006
centurynick
Old Dog
bj31702
CW-4

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
the final week is almost upon us lol

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
by my count, (and this is including "TED" Denny's friend) we are looking at 14 people and 12 motorcycles. not too bad, if a do say so myself.:smiley_th

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
by my count, (and this is including "ED" Denny's friend) we are looking at 14 people and 12 motorcycles. not too bad, if a do say so myself.:smiley_th
Ted is his name ,did I do a typo somewhere:)? CW4 has met him and actually stayed overnight at his house,

1 - 20 of 166 Posts