Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI.

The KBC FFR flip front helmet that I had ordered last week came in
today and I picked it up from the independent bike shop I deal with.
Took it back two hours later. If you are considering one of these,
DON'T. Many times noisier than my Symax, which is noisier than I
like. Poor design and even poorer quality control allows air to enter
at the seams on each side between the main part of the helmet and the
flip part, just above the face shield. I can feel the air blowing
past my ears. And when I opened the top vent, the wind roar was
unbearable.
Dealer appologized and will give me my money back.

·
Registered
120 Posts
You might want to check out the Nolan N100E helmet. It is a flip-front full face helmet similar to the KBC FFR. I have one and love it. It is not noisy and there is no huge rush of wind through it. I've ridden with it on in below freezing weather and had no problems with cold air infiltration. I've also ridden with it in hot weather as well, and it does not get too hot (as long as the vents are open). I do have a plexifairing on my bike, so I'm not getting a blast of air straight on it and that could be a factor. For a good place to purchase one, see my comments under the Vendors thread.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nolan 100 E with chin curtain (look for it found mine in bottom of the box) it keeps wind and noise from coming in under your chin. I also have a Symax but find the Nolan is much Quieter with less buffing at speed. The Symax also tends to lift at semi legal highway speeds. I ride with a V-Force Kaw windshield which is on the small side so the lifting may be associated with my setup.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the Nolan 100-E but could only find it at AlaskaLeather.com in Anchorage. Thankfully, I visited up there last summer and got to try it on; I wanted the one with the sun visor on the outside (29.95 extra). I find it quiet and all works nice but all heads are different. I couldn't find it anywhere local to Louisiana. K

1 - 7 of 7 Posts