Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning to all the members, I have tried to get kawasaki vulcan engine crash bar, in different places mainly on Ebay but it has not been possible, I would like to ask a member that could help me with the main measures and thus be able to build it.
Thank you very much and greetings from Cusco Peru

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Check ebay every day, or set up an email notification. Keep an eye on the sell/swap section here, it gets busier as Spring gets closer.

Different looks on your bike, chrome front fender, and I wonder if that paint is original.

Never heard of the VZ750.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Look at the side panel, looks like a VZ750, that’s the Japanese flavor if I’m not mistaken.

Found old stock photo
412A0F05-EFF4-4AE5-B7BD-005E29803ED8.jpeg

as far as the crash bar, I agree keep searching, there have been a few on the forum who have made they’re own by using a straight bar and brackets along the side of the radiator. This was really just to give them a place to add highway pegs

·
Super Moderator
12,014 Posts
Yep, that’s the 1985 750 most of the world got while we got the 700.
The Kawasaki “crash bar” really didn’t protect that much “crash wise” do to the narrowness of the motor. But it does make a good spot to add highway pegs.
As mentioned, you can just make a straight bar like I did for pegs. (See “Highway Footpegs” in my photo link below)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow, what a cool look! An 85 750?! That would be something special to have here in the states. I like the colors and that rear rack looks quite substantial. I wonder where I can get one of those.???

·
Member? ... check.
548 Posts
I have the Kawasaki luggage rack sold in '91. The one on his overseas bike is definitely different. Looks to be a bit longer.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I have the Kawasaki luggage rack sold in '91. The one on his overseas bike is definitely different. Looks to be a bit longer.
Yeah, mine is shorter as well, with only four bars instead of the longer 5 that he's got! Jealous!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Good morning to all the members, I have tried to get kawasaki vulcan engine crash bar, in different places mainly on Ebay but it has not been possible, I would like to ask a member that could help me with the main measures and thus be able to build it.
Thank you very much and greetings from Cusco Peru
View attachment 52951
What measurements are you looking for? Bend radiuses? The critical fitment is to the bike itself, which you can get from the bolt-holes on your own frame. Happy to measure any dimensions you might want to try to match on the original design, just ask for specifics.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, what a cool look! An 85 750?! That would be something special to have here in the states. I like the colors and that rear rack looks quite substantial. I wonder where I can get one of those.???
Hi this Antonio, thanks for your words, I have another place to search for parts for my VZ 750 that is in Yahoo japan
this the link one VZ 750 if you wnat to see : https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/c838068611 just for look .

Seee you
Antonio

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What measurements are you looking for? Bend radiuses? The critical fitment is to the bike itself, which you can get from the bolt-holes on your own frame. Happy to measure any dimensions you might want to try to match on the original design, just ask for specifics.
Thanks for your answer, I tray to make by a shop here in Perú but I need the principal mesurment like this inthe attach just tray .
Thanks
Antonio

Attachments

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
A: 30 cm between the centers of the two bottom bars.
B: 4" from floor to bolt hole. 2 3/8" from bolt hole to the middle of the connecting pipe.
C: approx 4 1/2" from edge of pipe to middle of bend
D: approx 2 1/2" from middle of bend to weld
E: 4 1/2" from center of bottom pipe to outside edge of loop (bottom curve).
F: The top end of the pipe (the weld line) is directly above the center of the bottom pipe. The flange is 1/4" thick on the other side of the weld. The outer edge of the loop (bottom curve) is 3 1/4" to the left of the center of the bottom pipe.
G: 5" from floor to center of bolt hole. Same on both sides.

The slope of the large arms is about 61 degrees, and the small arms are about 64 degrees before the welds. The left arm continues at 64 degrees, but the right side changes and the flange is at 80 degrees.

The bracket dropping from the large left arm has an angle of about 86 degrees.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you very much for your help and I will start to make a small
design with your measurements and if I find any that I am missing, I will ask you to help me.
Thank you very much again

1 - 17 of 17 Posts