Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
My new KLR is a pig of a bike for sure but it's got a good track record and I like to look down at the top of jeeps when I ride by.
how does it perform on the highway, does it feel like it's wound out at 60-70?

going from a VN750 to a Sporty 1200 to a KLR 650 is certainly a strange riding resume, but I like your style!

·
Registered
90 Posts
My new KLR is a pig of a bike for sure but it's got a good track record and I like to look down at the top of jeeps when I ride by.
Yea, I heard there kinda tall. I should be aight though. Still deciding and I may just keep the VN.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
So now you don't need that rocketship of a sporty to get into space, you're already there ;)

Sent from my Z899VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
It is gonna feel weird though ain't it? Switching back and forth between the VN and a KLR.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
I know you're asking how the KLR performs on the highway, and not the VN750, but that reminds me of one of my favorite VN750 videos. Sean from SRK Cycles does pretty good test drive videos of bikes that he's selling. Good camera mount point, good audio, decent insight into the bikes, etc.

Anyway, about a year ago he had a VN750 for sale, and a few guys (including me) had been nagging him to do a test drive video. He admits in the video that he hadn't been to impressed by the bike, based on its looks, and he clearly didn't know anything about it (he mentions at some point that the 750 and the 800 are basically the same bike with different sized engines, so obviously he doesn't know anything about the history).

But he took it out on the highway, and you can tell from his reaction that he was very surprised and impressed. Well, he also specifically said that he was surprised and impressed, but it's just really cool to hear his genuine reaction to how the bike performed.

He gets stuck behind a truck at a light and eventually shuts down the camera while he waits, but feel free to skip that whole part. Once they clear the light and he gets on the highway is the fun part.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Picked up a brand new 2017 Yamaha FZ-07 last week. A really fun ride.

Gonna keep my 2000 Vulcan 750. The two bikes are as different as night and day, so there is still a place for the Vulcan. Still a great ride, although somewhat cumbersome and archaic in comparison to the FZ.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts