Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Kawasaki F&S Hard Saddlebags and Dresserbars close up view

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Sloppyburpfest 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
what we are needing is the dresser bars top and bottom mounting locations. you show lots of pics around the top and back of the boxes, and only one picture you can clearly see the bottom mounting location, but nothing for the top mount. Not sure why you posted a back view, can't even see the dresser bar there.

Your bike looks nice though.. Do you have the KF&S Tour Front Fender?
What are your rear turn signal relocating brackets made out of?

#3 · (Edited)
what we are needing is the dresser bars top and bottom mounting locations. you show lots of pics around the top and back of the boxes, and only one picture you can clearly see the bottom mounting location, but nothing for the top mount.
The best I can do is that video link at the bottom of all the pictures. Did you watch the video? Somewhere between 9 to 7 seconds left of the clip you get a pretty good idea how the top is connected. And again with 4 seconds remaining. It's connected a lot like the bottom, except the extension is on the other side of the bar to get the slant in the right direction.

Not sure why you posted a back view, can't even see the dresser bar there.
Wanted to keep the set together. Someone looking for something related might appreciate seeing it at some point in the future.

Your bike looks nice though.. Do you have the F&S Tour Front Fender?
It's not my bike, I could give you better pictures if it was. I took those photos years ago. I'm pretty sure she had the fender, and I know she had the engine guard and full fairing upper and lower, but not the floorboards. Matter of fact at the time she had never heard of VN750.com, relocated her R/R or installed a M/F battery. The bike had already gone through three R/Rs and two stators!

What are your rear turn signal relocating brackets made out of?
As far as I know, those truly are the Kawasaki Fire & Steel bags, and all of their mounting hardware. It looked like there were two plastic plates that held the bags in place, kept the helmet lock locations and moved the turn signals. They sort of remind me of the Givi mounting plates.

-Sloppy

#4 ·
no, the bags aren't KF&S.. the KF&S bags are flat and don't have locks. and the turn signal relocators aren't KF&S either... The KF&S turn signal relocation kit was polished aluminum in the early years, and chrome in the later years to present.

As far as I know, those truly are the Kawasaki Fire & Steel bags, and all of their mounting hardware. It looked like there were two plastic plates that held the bags in place, kept the helmet lock locations and moved the turn signals. They sort of remind me of the Givi mounting plates.
I bet those are the Givi Plates.

#5 ·
Here is a link to Dianna's sidecar rig with the F&S touring kit installed.
http://www.vn750.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=27&cat=500&ppuser=23&sl=d

At least I'm sure that's what I read about some time ago.
Not sure about the front fender though. I believe the valanced Goldwing 1000 and 1100 fenders will fit the vn750 too with just minor reshaping of the mounting holes.
Sorry slim, no details to help with your mounting questions I'm afraid.

#6 ·
Looks like exactly like same kind saddlebags to me.

-Sloppy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.