Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you live in the Northern New England area, one great ride would be up the Kankamangus Highway.
It starts in Conway NH, and ends in Lincoln NH. Not sure how long in miles it is, but the twisting turning road goes up between mountains with many scenic areas to stop and rest, or if you happen to be a hiker or a camper, places for that also.
It's great to have 8 or 10 motorcycles in a group going over the highway. Used to be you could see the Old Man of the Mountain, till he fell apart a few years ago.
When you stop at the top, there's a super area to look over the vistas of the mountains, and get great pictures if you want.
Going down is just as much fun as going up the Highway. Again, twisting and turning roads challenge your riding ability, and you can take it as fast, or as slow as you want. I recommend slow, you get a better view of everything that way.
Have a fun and safe ride.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actually, Spence, it continues past Lincoln, all the way to Woodsville on the Vermont line. Headed East on the Kank, before Conway there is Bear Notch Road which is a nice trip up to Bartlett.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahhhhh....seeings I'm a Mainah, I wouldn't know that. We usually turn on to Rt 302, go somewhere and grab lunch, then head back home. That makes for a 7 or 8 hour ride for us. I bet the rest of the ride is great too.
Wayne :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts