Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently saw KandN air filters for sale on ebay. Would like to know what the advantages are over the oem filters. Any other comments positive or negative would be appreciated. Are they worth the cost??
Ron

·
Registered
19 Posts
If we are talking the stock OEM K&N replacement filters KA-7586 the main advantage would be a better filtration and freer breathing air filter. According to the K&N site the OEM filter replacements do not require rejetting. I have run K&N air filters on my previous Bike 81 Suzuki GS650G (highly modified temperamental after I crashed and rebuilt it)and on my present Automobiles (Thank you fuel injection). I will be putting the K&N on my 86 VN750 next month. Personally I have never been a fan of foam air filters. Though I am sure they do very adequate job. On the other hand if you are talking the pods, and ear shaving you are talking rejetting and fear of rain. I mention that due to the 81 GS650G had tremendous thurst for any water that came near its K&N pods. Answer don't ride in rain. Hmm I toured heavy on that 81 and avoiding rain was not always a option. Just my 2 cents
Ed
86 Vulcan close to ready.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts