Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Avid Rider
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm contemplating ordering a set of K&N replacement air filters, and I wondered if anyone has bought these? And, what their experience was with them, and if they think they are worth the cost (which isn't cheap)?

thx,

·
Registered
28 Posts
The stock units were beyond shot (no foam left on them!) when I bought my 94. I went ahead and got the K&Ns and have been very happy with them. I just like the ease of cleaning them up, re-oiling and re-installing. Re-oiling foam filters is annoying to me..... But I still do it!

So apologies I don't have any experience with running/performance with the stockers installed.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Steve -

Check your PM.

Jon

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Most here seem to feel the K&N's aren't worth the extra $$s over stock. The stock filters pass almost as much air as the K&N's so performance boost is negligable if there is one at all.

·
Avid Rider
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback. My stock ones look too shot to make it through another cleaning, so I went ahead and ordered the K&N's. I figured I might as well get a set I know will last the rest of the bikes life.

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Depends on how long you plan on keeping the bike. K&N's are lifetime filters. Clean, re-oil and go. Stocks are not They will only survive so many cleanings then start breaking down.

So.. $35 for stock, vs $65 for K&Ns.. after two stock replacements the K&Ns are actually cheaper

·
Avid Rider
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cleaning kit

The other plus for me is that I have a K&N on my car already (short ram air), so I always have the cleaning kits on hand :smiley_th

thx all,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts