Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any one have/use k&n air fliters on thier vn750? if so, do the filters have any actfect on performance/gas mileage?
thanks,
ruger.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I know several here have the K&N replacement filters on their bikes here. I've never heard anyone claim any performance change, and it shouldn't since it's a replacement for OEM part. Not talking about pod filters, but the replacements for our OEM foam filters. Pods (earshave) and rejetting will have some performance potential I hear.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
More than a few folks here and at the Y! site have said that the OEM filters are actually quite good and the K&N's, while being a good filter, don't offer much of any improvment for the added $$'s you'll spend on them.

·
Avid Rider
279 Posts
I had them on my VN750 (the one I just traded in today). They just offer a little better maintainability, no performance benefit. They did seem to cause an increase of backfiring on deceleration, though, I probably should have marbled, but never did.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I got them and to me they are an upgrade. Yes a little pricey but I should never need to buy replacements again. Performance improvement nothing really to notice but for sure no worst than stock but you do get good piece of mind that you have the best.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
does any one have/use k&n air fliters on thier vn750? if so, do the filters have any actfect on performance/gas mileage?
thanks,
ruger.
They probably function about the same as stock, except they will last much longer, almost forever as you just clean and re-oil them.

I've got a set I'd like to sell with the cleaning & oiling kit. Perfect condition.
I shaved the ears and have pod filters, won't need the K&N's anymore.

Let me know if you're interested.

Jon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts