Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after sitting in the driveway for 6 weeks, had to charge the battery. turn the petcock to prime, choke the heck out of it. cranking and cranking, back to fuel on then back to prime some more and finally got it started. all for a short ride down the road and back and then to my moms garage in town in a little bit before the snow flies. hopefully have her back out in march or april at the latest! I really hate parking it! florida is sounding better and better except I hate moving and trying to sell a house and buy a new one worse!

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Arizona is a better choice for many reasons.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
I am a big fan of Southern California weather. You get some seasons, but no real extremes unless you're out in the desert.

A buddy of mine lives in Phoenix and he sounds miserable a few months out of the year.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wife & I left Ohio the 1st of Nov. and we go back May 1st. Don't miss the cold. We rent a house here for 5 mouths,not too bad today 79 and a little windy.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Originally Posted by WilliamTech View Post
I am a big fan of Southern California weather. You get some seasons, but no real extremes unless you're out in the desert.

A buddy of mine lives in Phoenix and he sounds miserable a few months out of the year.

Summertime becomes too hot to enjoy a ride.... only for about 3 months tho.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Wife & I left Ohio the 1st of Nov. and we go back May 1st. Don't miss the cold. We rent a house here for 5 mouths,not too bad today 79 and a little windy.
You are gone from Ohio for 6 months and rent a house in Arizona for 5 months.
Do you take a leisurely 2 week drive down and back every year? :)

I would trade our southern Alberta weather for the past week for some of that 79 degrees Farenheit and just a little wind!!! :smiley_th

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
First of all, your carbs weren't plugged solid after sitting from six weeks, or did you drain them first? I find that my carbs start to plug up after only one week if left with gas in them, and the bike will start up on one cylinder, then misfire for several miles until the jets get cleared out. A good reason for starting it at least twice a week, or draining out the gas.

As for Arizona, if you live up north, it's great. If you live in the Phoenix valley, it's pure hell. 120+ degrees, and it lasts for over 6 months. I think it is the most inhospitable place in the country. If I didn't have family here, 34 years into a job and own a house here, I'd be packing up to move to Portland, OR right now. Oh, and there are NO jobs to be found here. We have twice the unemployment rate as most of the rest of the country.

·
Super Moderator
11,865 Posts
Bitch bitch bitch.... If you live up north..."oh it's too cold" if you live way south .."it's too hot..."

If you don't really like where you live....move.

I like having 4 seasons... I love the fall and I even like winter. If i lived in southern California I'd hate it in a year. Phoenix is too freaking hot.

Y'all come to live in Missouri...nice roads, 4 seasons, cheap gas and all the beer you can drink..;)

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
We average about 76 year round here in Western Texas. Its flat, hardly no tress, but once the West Texas sand gets into your blood its hard to live anywhere else. Lived in Montana, great state, but to cold in the winters. Yep Flordia to, to humid and to darn many people. Think i will stay where im at, 30 miles from nowhere, Am i bitchin,, ponders LOL ! :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
I did! It wasn't so much geographical, but needed, regardless. The axiom holds true in all aspects of life.

Still...
I grew up in ND, and wouldn't change that if I could, but after a couple winters away (western SD), I understand why all those ducks/geese/etc. migrate. Just getting into our first 'winter' in OK, so we'll see how it goes (not that I'll trade the other 9+ months just because winter sucks).

Y'all come to live in Missouri...nice roads, 4 seasons, cheap gas and all the beer you can drink..;)
You're buying beer? I'm in. :beerchug:
Hippie

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
hey, you don't know how much beer I can drink....

But really, it's not the temps up here, it's how unsafe the roads become. Snow ice and salt really don't make for an enjoyable ride. Unless you enjoy the emergency room.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Bitch bitch bitch.... If you live up north..."oh it's too cold" if you live way south .."it's too hot..."

Your government won't let me u_u lol.

I don't like where I live... it's like Phoenix, 120+ heat.

However, considering the places I've visited and am actually allowed to live in legally, I hate this one the least.

I'd love to move to another country, but that's not easy to do... plus, the only other country I've ever visited so far is the U.S.

I think I need to travel more lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts