Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now when I had the carbs out I set both the screws to 2 turns out. Got everything hooked back up and started it. Sounded great, so I left them there and took it out for a spin (about 2 miles). Ran good too, execpt for when I stopped at the light up the street it stalled. Hit the starter and it starts & stalled unless I keep on the throttle. If I turned the Idle screw up to keep it running, and give it gas, it seemed to hold high rpm's (around 3,000) for a few seconds before it came down. Turned both side in about 1/2 turn more and it seemed better, but on my last run it stalled again (idles too low). Any suggestion for where I should start tomorrow?

·
Calif Rider
725 Posts
Check your air cut off valves or diaphragms. One may have a hole in it, or cracked.

·
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sync the carbs - if you're still stalling, then at least we can rule out that they're out o' sync!
OK I Sync'ed the carbs today and the idle is holding, BUT it seems like the right side exhaust is smoking now and I don't get the sound out of the exhaust that comes out the left side. When I let out the clutch, it almost stalls unless I really give it a lot of gas, then the right side starts pop poping again. I set both screws out 2 turns when I sync'ed. Now what? I tried turning the rear carb to 3 turns and it doesn't seem any better, am I going the wrong way or looking in the wrong direction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts