Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a WestCo soon. I've noticed low charging voltage, and I doubt this is gonna fix it, but it's a start at least. I have seen bad batteries in cars cause low charging voltage, but I can't be that lucky. I've also got a Clymer's manual coming, so I'll be able to trace wiring and figger out what's up. With any luck, I won't need a stator...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am no motorcycle pro, but this may help you. I had a simular problem with mine and it ended up being the junction box. You may want to check into that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Like I said, Im no pro, but its a little black box that sits close to the battery. I would have to look at my bike to remember exactly where it sits and I am at work right now.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it's under the left side cover, than I'd assume it's the fuse box. Maybe I'll pull it and see if there's any corrosion or whatnot that could be causing issues.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just got the battery and installed it. It fired right up and ran till warmed up, which is longer than it had in the past, but I don't have my meter here to check voltage, so I'll do that tomorrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts