Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from the stealership, and amazingly enough, they hooked me up!

They had their last Shoei RF1000 helmet (predecessor to the RF1100) for $389 list. I was just trying it on to see the fit, since it matched my Bandit, and it fit well. Shrugged at the price tag and put it down, as that was way out of budget. I was only there to get the wife a helmet anyways.

The guy walks out of the parts area with my carb jets, and says that helmet is 50% off list. He strolls over to the computer and looked it up, said he could do it for $150. I said if he did $125, I'd take it off his hands. Sure enough, he did. No argument. Sweet!

I'm quite happy to have a quality helmet for a budget price. It helps that I got the mechanic guy from the back who looked at my funny for asking for carb jets.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Nice Man.. Def a great buy!

Congrats!!

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She ended up with a HJC CL-16. A decent starter helmet. Paid $105, which is cheaper than I find online, so I am really happy with the dealership for once.

·
Super Moderator
11,810 Posts
Well I hate you now....;)

I paid $260.00 for my RF 1000 ..which was a deal at the time... and ended up paying $325 for my wifes. (yes we have matching silver RF1000's.)

You'll like the RF. It's very comfortable and is the only FF I've owned that didn't leak at the visor in the rain. (the seal is adjustable) it's also fairly quiet.

If you ever do any cold weather riding, I suggest getting a Pinlock visor for it.

KM

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
She ended up with a HJC CL-16. A decent starter helmet. Paid $105, which is cheaper than I find online, so I am really happy with the dealership for once.

Is her helmet black like the one in the picture?
I would think you folks who live where the sun shines everyday would choose white helmets to reflect back some of the heat.
We do not get so many really hot summer days here in southern Alberta, but when I do buy a full face helmet, it will be solid white in color for Hi-Visibility purposes as well as being somewhat cooler to wear. :smiley_th

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

Is her helmet black like the one in the picture?
I would think you folks who live where the sun shines everyday would choose white helmets to reflect back some of the heat.
We do not get so many really hot summer days here in southern Alberta, but when I do buy a full face helmet, it will be solid white in color for the advantages of Hi-Visibility, as well as being somewhat cooler to wear. :smiley_th

1 - 8 of 8 Posts