Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1980 vulcan750
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive owned 60 or more motorcycles. First 750 vulcan.i am intrigued of its uniqueness.Before kawasaki followed the harley clone thing. 65 horsepower.4 valves per cylinder.hudraulic.dohc. impressive. I dont care for the king and queen seat. I dont see any way to change it much. The out in the breeze air cleaners have to stay.a bike has to get plenty of fuel and air for horsepower. The former owner put vance and hines exhausts with what appears stock mufflers.i bet that was expensive. V an h probably doesnt even make them anymore. I am going to love this old bike.its harder to move around than i thought it would be for 530 pounds.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,419 Posts
Welcome to the nucking futhouse

Sent from my A501DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1980 vulcan750
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got a front tire put on a few hours ago.the old tire was original from 89. The back one is also but i cant affor it yet

·
Registered
1980 vulcan750
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Coming home from the tire install i went down the same cruum road and hit the same dips that i recently went down on my 883 low. I sold that bike. It was nice to not bottom out and go KAWHAM! EVERY TIME I HIT A LOW SPOT.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,419 Posts
Coming home from the tire install i went down the same cruum road and hit the same dips that i recently went down on my 883 low. I sold that bike. It was nice to not bottom out and go KAWHAM! EVERY TIME I HIT A LOW SPOT.
Can't say that with mine. Lol. I lowered the fook out of it

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good comments - you know what you are talking about. I have that same V&H exhaust and that's the complete unit. Strong and trouble free. Looks like a nice unmolested vehicle.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,419 Posts
What did you do, lower the bike down the forks in front and make new mounts on the shocks?
Put on 10.5" progressive shocks from a Sportster and slid the forks up in the triple trees

1 - 9 of 9 Posts