Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did you know that "I just didn't see him" is a legal defense in the state of Washington? It's open season for bikers if your state has the same policies. You can hit and kill a biker in Washington and in most cases only recieve a ticket for failure to yield because "I just didn't see him" holds up in court.

Go here for more info and get something started where you live.

http://www.justiceforwashingtonriders.com/missionstate.html

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
And yet another reason for wearing bright colored gear. I'd think it'd be hard to convince a jury (unless they are all motorcyclist blind as well) that someone didn't see somebody who was lit up as bright as a hunter on the first day of buck season!?

I have to admit though, I'm usually not wearing too brightly colored gear. But I do keep an eye on everything around me, and hopefully will see that numb skull that doesn't see me.

One thing I'm not too in agreement on is the idea of driving being a privilege.
Anymore, it's a necessity. And it's the laws duty to penalize those who don't have respect for what other need to do, in order to lead a somewhat normal life.

More needs to be added to driving tests to make cagers aware of us two wheelers. I mean, come on, the government is going hog wild on smoking stuff because others say it endangers them. What about us bikers endangered by stupid people!!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
They need to outlaw "spinner" wheels to. You can never tell if the SOBs are pulling out in front of you or not. Then they look at you with a stupid look when you do a panic stop.

·
Benjammin'
421 Posts
That is an excellent point. I use the wheels of the care stopped at a light or intersection to gauge if they are moving forward. It is harder to see the body of a car moving against a background than it is to see a wheel turning.

I have not had to gauge a spinner wheel at an intersection, but I bet it does give false impressions. At least I will err to the side of safety if the rims are still moving and the car is stopped.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
What about us bikers endangered by stupid people!!!
I saw a t-shirt this weekend on a guy that read "I'm allergic to stupid people", I wonder if he rides to? I'm glad I'm not allergic to stupid people or I'd sneeze all the way home! lol:D

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I saw a t-shirt this weekend on a guy that read "I'm allergic to stupid people", I wonder if he rides to? I'm glad I'm not allergic to stupid people or I'd sneeze all the way home! lol:D
LMAO!! Wonder if I could use that as an excuse for needing to take a few days off work!!

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I just got a new motorscooter. Well, new to me at least. It's a 79 Vespa P200 that's been powdercoated a very bright green color. When riding this, if somebody says they just didn't see me, they need to loose their license for sure!
Sweey looking ride, Mike. looks to be in pretty good shape

1 - 8 of 8 Posts