Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Crowley
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit: it works. Smoother ride, small improvement in throttle response.

So I may have been duped into some snake oil, but we will see. Big claims based on stuff that sounds right.

Ordered enough for 16qts of oil. Some in bike, car, and tractor.

Www.gonmf.com

Thoughts, everyone?

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
Don't use a friction reducer in a wet clutch unless ya wanna replace the clutch

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
I say try it out...says safe for wet motorcycle clutches. Let us know how it goes. Personally I think it's something I'd never need.

·
Crowley
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't use a friction reducer in a wet clutch unless ya wanna replace the clutch
I somewhat figured this might happen... But thankfully I have a whole second set of clutch pads/plates.

I'm going to note everything. I'm super familiar with the heat level, vibration, acceleration, and so on.

The forty minute video sold me. I don't care if I was duped. They did a damn good job duping me.

·
Super Moderator
11,860 Posts
I could not find any actual independent lab tests, only testimonials by folks that claim the stuff worked. Did find this "review" online:
-____________________________________________________________
"The company website for this product is <gonmf.com>.

This product's claims (as well as those of the other two reviews) seemed way too good to be true, so I looked at the website for it and it clearly states that they have no science to back up any of the claims, and that all of the claims for what this accomplishes comes from testimonials.

In other words, they don't even back up any claim that it does anything.

Also, the company offers discounts on its products in exchange for writing testimonials and/or posting video testimonials.

These are the claims:

Doubles driving distance between oil changes
Improves fuel economy
Extends engine and transmission life
Reduces vibration
Quiets engine and transmission
Increases usable horsepower

On the Frequently Asked Questions page (gonmf.com/faq.aspx), they list the following:

"
You say that NMF doubles the driving distance between oil changes. On what is this claim based?

The basis for this statement is not scientific data that is currently available to goNMF but testimonials of semi-truck owner/operators who inform us that although they would normally change their oil at around 15,000 miles with NMF they can go as far as 40,000 miles and their oil is still good. In November 2014, goNMF intends to be able to present scientific data from multiple sources to support this statement.
"

Emphasis: "The basis for this statement is NOT scientific data [] but testimonials."

The website states, "NMF dramatically reduces friction in vehicles, machines, and hydraulic systems by harnessing the repelling power of like-charged atoms to create a sub-molecular barrier which prevents metal-to-metal contact."

This is very vague. In physics, it is known that nothing ever "touches" anything else in the sense that electrons repel the electrons of anything else they come extremely close to. (This is explained in a YouTube video titled, "You Can't Touch Anything,") This even includes a knife and butter. The matter of the knife never actually touches the butter, but the repulsive force of the electrons of the metal knife blade push against the electrons of the butter, spreading it apart. The same happens with scissors and paper. So, according to these physics principles of what's actually happening at an atomic level, yes, nothing ever touches. Nothing.

So it can then be said that ANY liquid - even water or alcohol - will have the same affect on your engine: it will be "harnessing the repelling power of like-charged atoms to create a sub-molecular barrier which prevents metal-to-metal contact."

The US Federal Trade Commission's (FTC) webpage titled "'Gas Saving' Products" ([]) touches on wild product claims like these.

I'd hope that the manufacturers of this product obtain some independent testing and provide the results of such to the public and their customers, and that they provide a more substantial explanation of what they claim their product does, though I don't see how that would be possible if the product doesn't actually do anything. (though I'd be interested if it does.). "
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again....my view is if the stuff really worked that well when added to oil....companies would already sell oil with the crap already in it.
Sounds like a great way to seperate cash from folks wallets to me....

·
Crowley
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, thinking about the clutch....

When you let the lever out, you return pressure to the plates. With this product, it seems to just work by changing polarity - not necessarily making things more slippery. The plates will still grab with the same force (which is quite a bit), they (and the particles around them) will just have a negative charge.

Like I said, we shall see.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
I've seen this thread run it's course on a few motorcycle forums now.

I've got my money on you not seeing any noticeable difference. If the stuff was genuinely that good, a larger company would have gobbled them up for the trademarked formula years ago.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
If it ain't broke...don't try to reinvent the wheel...

·
Crowley
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've seen this thread run it's course on a few motorcycle forums now.

I've got my money on you not seeing any noticeable difference. If the stuff was genuinely that good, a larger company would have gobbled them up for the trademarked formula years ago.
This is my line of thought. Well, like I said...if I've been duped by the snake charmer, hats off to him.

·
Super Moderator
11,860 Posts
So, thinking about the clutch....

When you let the lever out, you return pressure to the plates. With this product, it seems to just work by changing polarity - not necessarily making things more slippery. The plates will still grab with the same force (which is quite a bit), they (and the particles around them) will just have a negative charge.

Like I said, we shall see.
Well see, that's where the "science" on this fails. Electrons are always negative...and protons are always positive. Dont matter what the substance is.

All molocules are surrounded by electrons, and at their center is the protons and neutrons. Only with a particle accelerator can you break them apart.

·
Crowley
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well see, that's where the "science" on this fails. Electrons are always negative...and protons are always positive. Dont matter what the substance is.

All molocules are surrounded by electrons, and at their center is the protons and neutrons. Only with a particle accelerator can you break them apart.
Yeah... Negatively charged particles have an excess of electrons. Positively charged particles have a deficit of electrons.

And electrons can move preeetttyyyy freely.

Static shock? Electrons at work.

Metals are good conductors usually, and hold their electrons loosely. You don't change the base particle by adding or removing electrons - they become ions.

By adding electrons to those particles that lose electrons, you are essentially reversing their charge. If you bombard every particle with electrons, and assuming those electrons bond to the atom, that particle will become negatively charged.

And by the way, it works.

The biggest shock to me was the reduction in handlebar vibration. It's so soft now.

Only small power gains - nothing crazy. It does seem to move through the bottom end a bit better. Top end acceleration has improved a bit, too.

No crazy changes, just feels like I tuned up an old engine.

·
Super Moderator
11,860 Posts
Yeah... Negatively charged particles have an excess of electrons. Positively charged particles have a deficit of electrons.

And electrons can move preeetttyyyy freely.

Static shock? Electrons at work.

Metals are good conductors usually, and hold their electrons loosely. You don't change the base particle by adding or removing electrons - they become ions.

By adding electrons to those particles that lose electrons, you are essentially reversing their charge. If you bombard every particle with electrons, and assuming those electrons bond to the atom, that particle will become negatively charged.
Yes, but they don't stay charged without some exterior force feeding it electrons. You can't make oil atoms "reverse their polarity" or carry a charge of any kind unless you have some kind of machine supplying an excess of chargered particals to it. You need something to generate that charge.

If you believe your motor runs better, it's likely do to a chemical in the product reducing friction.....not an oil that's reversed its charge. Does the stuff say what it's made from?

·
Crowley
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, but they don't stay charged without some exterior force feeding it electrons. You can't make oil atoms "reverse their polarity" or carry a charge of any kind unless you have some kind of machine supplying an excess of chargered particals to it. You need something to generate that charge.

If you believe your motor runs better, it's likely do to a chemical in the product reducing friction.....not an oil that's reversed its charge. Does the stuff say what it's made from?
Go check out the independent test that was done. It gives some base information.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts