Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from picking up my second Vulcan. I started on an 85 VN700, which I still have and will be selling, and now am the proud new owner of an 01 VN750 with under 16,000 miles on it. I need to replace the final drive but other than that it is in unbelievable condition. I found a used final drive on Ebay for $70.00 which I snapped up really quick. I paid $1300 for the bike and it has newer tires with less than 1000 miles on them, a Mustang seat, and LeatherLyke hard bags. The only other things I need to add are some floor boards and a windsield. I think I got a pretty good deal. Can't wait to ride around on this beauty!!!

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Welcome to the group, I have a link below for floorboards that I make.

·
Premium Member
4,742 Posts
That is a very good price! Since you are replacing the final drive, I assume the drive shaft splines were gone too? I have a spare driveshaft if you need one.

·
Registered
736 Posts
newer tires with less than 1000 miles on them,
Welcome and what a sweet deal you got! Check the manufacture on the tires to make sure that they are less than 5 years old. 5 years or older and you'll need to consider replacing them, regardless of mileage. Lots of good tire recommendations (as well as on everything else), including tire up-sizing considerations on this forum.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't checked the drive shaft yet but will be doing so soon. Those are easier to come by at a reasonable price than the final drive. The tires are very new, not just low mileage. I have brand new Metzler ME880's (110-90 on the front and 170-80 for the rear) on my '85 that I will be swapping over to my new '01. Just to clarify, I have been a member here for a few years, since I bought my '85.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts