Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wanting to lower the rear about an inch or inch and half. I want to put steal in place of the shocks. But first I need to stretch the front a little (you know so I can drop the rear to make it level). I found a company that makes a raked triple tree but the set up is 2,000 dollars (WOW!!!)!! Any of yall know of any companies making raked triples for my 99. I just want it out a few degrees. Thanks for the in put!!

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
Buddy C said:
I was wanting to lower the rear about an inch or inch and half. I want to put steal in place of the shocks. But first I need to stretch the front a little (you know so I can drop the rear to make it level). I found a company that makes a raked triple tree but the set up is 2,000 dollars (WOW!!!)!! Any of yall know of any companies making raked triples for my 99. I just want it out a few degrees. Thanks for the in put!!
i think scooter works makes a set.....but i dont think the price is too much better. It may be cheaper to have a chopper shop reweld the neck at that price.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Ol Poop has some great pics of some highly modded Vulcans on his site.
You can check them out HERE, about 4/5 down the page.

Hey, Ol Poop, Ya out there ??

Art has some pics of his HERE.
Also, HERE's a write-up he did on his bike

Hey, Art, You out there ??

Again, as I said in the other post, they might be at the Y! site more than here.

·
Registered
40 Posts
That's totally sweet... I really like what a lot of folks have done with the rear fender and shortening the seat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Those are some nice looking bikes. I noticed alot of them took off the speedometer and i like the look of it. Is that Legal??

Brady

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
As far as legal, that probably mostly depends on your location.
Here in PA, they have to have the odometer reading for inspections. So I'd think there'd have to be some type of speedo/odo.
Maybe not in other places though ?

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
you could always go digital. someone on the yahoo forums did that. i think they used dakota gauges. $$$ but well worth it. i think it cost 400-600 (not sure if a converter was needed or not

1 - 7 of 7 Posts