Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was off Friday and what better way to enjoy a day off than a long-ass ride? These pics are from the Asbury/Washington, NJ area. And Friday was one of the nicest days of the Summer so far. :smiley_th The body of water is Spruce Run Reservoir.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Was off Friday and what better way to enjoy a day off than a long-ass ride? These pics are from the Asbury/Washington, NJ area. And Friday was one of the nicest days of the Summer so far. :smiley_th The body of water is Spruce Run Reservoir.
Nice that you get to ride and take pictures. I have always loved going down the Maryland Scenic Highways and Byways. Google your state and see what info they have on the scenic highways and byways I know that Maryland does a nice job providing a long list of paths to take with a lot of miles and some history behind them.

I would say that I am an avid amateur photographer, but the problem that I have is I can't take my Nikon Digital SLR with me on the bike. A little too big and would not want anything to happen to it. Going to have to find my pocket camera, but I got spoiled by my Nikon :(

Thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
You're welcome. Have dropped my SLR in it's padded case several times with no problems at all. The foam will help negate the bike's vibrations too.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
So much green in those pictures... I wanna go somewhere like that! :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
You're welcome. Have dropped my SLR in it's padded case several times with no problems at all. The foam will help negate the bike's vibrations too.
My camera bag I use is a Think Tank Speed Demon and it fits my Nikon D90 with a AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II lens, a AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G lens, a AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G lens, SB-400 Speedlight Unit flash, and charger etc.

I can get away with just the 18-200mm lens, but the 35mm is great for quick low light and not to mention makes it very light. The 50mm take superb portrait shots. If I could only take one lens with me it would be the 18-200mm, but also nice to go light with the good old 35mm you will just have to walk closer or farther for some shots.

With the Pelican case 1300 you linked I am assuming that is what you use, so what do you fit in it with your SLR (ie, body and only 1 lens?) What kind of protection foam did you go with? the Pick 'N' Pluck Polyurethane layers, Solid Polyurethane Foam, Solid Pink Anti-Static Polyurethane Foam, or custom Foam?

Have a good one!

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How 'bout a 10 mega pix Canon A2000, throw it in a leather case, and put it in the elastic net in your roll bag/saddle bag, fellas. That camera took the above shots and is no bigger than my wallet. I think you guys might need a ridin' camera...

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Nice shots !!!

Great shots Lib !!! I figured it was more urban around there, but guess not....and if anyone wanna see some Appalachian scenery, I got a big yard for tents, and a BBQ and smoker, and ya can stay long as ya want (well, 3 days or less)...For a distance to me, just search "Greenwood Lake, NY"....
Any and all are welcome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts