Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I have finally got round to doing the junction box mod on my bike, I had to buy another used JB as my old one was badly corroded, the one I bought has the same part no: 26021 but when I have opened it up there is only one single relay in there : MR 301- its an (NEC) relay, I was expecting to find 3 relays, as my old JB is currently away being repair I cant match it up with that one.

Has anybody else come across this ?

Chris.Mcr

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Hi Guys

I have finally got round to doing the junction box mod on my bike, I had to buy another used JB as my old one was badly corroded, the one I bought has the same part no: 26021 but when I have opened it up there is only one single relay in there : MR 301- its an (NEC) relay, I was expecting to find 3 relays, as my old JB is currently away being repair I cant match it up with that one.

Has anybody else come across this ?

Chris.Mcr
Contact (PM) KC2dgq... he is one of a few who rebuilds/repairs JB's ...... he will have clear/understandable answers .

:smiley_th

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This ones deffinatly only got one relay so its probably the wrong one as you say, problem is that parts for these bikes are not so readily available here in the UK, I'll have to mod my old one and repair it as best I can.
I believe the mod is just drilling out the plastic rivets and removing the circuit board and replacing the relays but I'm also going to put some silicone sealer around the edge of the box when I refit as they are not very well sealed

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts