·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I couldn't find another thread about this,
I have seen a video on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYaXeErd1Fw

its about changing the relays inside the junction box which is a sealed unit and expensive to buy if you can still by them at all, the guy in the vid bought the relays from maplins or radio shack as its known in the US.

the thing is I want to do the mod and replace my relays, I have the Clymer manual but as the box is a sealed unit the book has no info on the type of relays and so I don't know what to look for when buying them.

Has anyone else done this and if so what did you replace the old relays with?

Ride safe.
chris.

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
PM me...I have replaced relays for other members.

I have a spare if you want to swap them out for the price of parts and shipping.
Uh oh, where's Gibbo?

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Uh oh, where's Gibbo?
Since the OP is overseas, I can give him a part number if he can open the JB and solder in a replacement himself.....not sure he will find the same part available where he is.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
The UK has a better chance of getting the correct relays that we do here in the states. I do a lot of small electronic shopping on the net, and most of my stuff comes in from the UK...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jb

I would have thought that the US would have more parts for these then the UK.
I'd appreciate the serial numbers though, then I could see if I could get a replacement here !
cheers
Chris.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I would have thought that the US would have more parts for these then the UK.
I'd appreciate the serial numbers though, then I could see if I could get a replacement here !
cheers
Chris.
PM sent...hopefully you will locate them in your area.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i got my relays at radio shack, was a common relay and they fit back into the box. the part is SPTD Miniature PC Relay 12VDC coil rated 10A at 120VAC/24VDC part # 275-0248

1 - 11 of 11 Posts