Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ridden out to my place, 30 miles from home. Getting ready to return, I turn the ignition on and the instrument lights flash and go out. Fiddle with the switch and it's still dead. Fortunately, the key fits the chrome side cover bolts so I can check the fuses. Fuses are fine and the lights still won't come on. My electrical knowledge wouldn't fill a thimble, so I figure I'm done. Figure I'm gonna have to call the wife to come pick me up.

Then I remember the project bike in the shed. A while back, when I was having electrical problems, the good folks here suggested I swap junction boxes in case that was where the problem was. It wasn't the problem, but I never put the original back on my bike. So I figure, what the heck and swap the JB. Voila! She's alive!

IIRC, there's no way to test the JB, right?

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
IIRC, there's no way to test the JB, right?
sure is a way... easiest to do with out it on the bike though, and it gets real time consuming... the best thing to do is look at the JB wiring diagram found in the electrical system pages in the downloadable manual... write down pin numbers from both pins and what they wire to IE pin 8 (IIRC) goes to the headlight relay, and draws power from the main power fuse... so you would write down Pin 1- Pin 8 = 0.0 ohms... ect.. ect.. (this is jsut an example, I don't have a manual handy to tell you all the pin numbers, just remember that the diodes point in the direction current flows, so when a diode is shown when you hook your mm up one way you might not get a reading, but if you reverse polarity of the MM by swapping the test leads you will get a reading.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts