Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And lost. On my way home from work today a guy in a F-350 ford pulled out in front of me had and I had to lay the Vulcan down. Somehow I missed the truck but the bike didn't fair so good. When I went down the bike hooked something and threw me past/over the truck(can't really remember exactly) anyway bike is probably totalled but only had a few scratches on my helmet and HJC padded leather jacket.I ended up with a very small chip in a tooth a sprained right knee and ankle, will be going to see the bike tomorrow to access the damage and at that point it will probably sink in .

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
i am sorry to hear about it... atleast you are good to excellent condition afterwards....

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
It's getting to be that time of year.. a little cooler and for some reason people simply do not think about someone riding a motorcycle in cooler weather.
Everyone be careful out there cause no one is watching for you!

Congrats on being geared up too. Much easier to replace a jacket then a few layers of skin, plus it's a pain pulling out all those little bits of gravel and asphalt.

I do have some parts in the VN750 parts department so once you find out if the bike is salvageable let me know and I'll see what I might have available.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Sorry to hear, but glad you're okay.

The time change doesn't help either, seems like all the drivers got crazier since Monday?

Jon

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The driver of the truck was cited for running a stop sign. He was in a company truck and the cop said he was insured so tomorrow the $$$ battle will begin if I can move around as the Doc said even though I was fine tonight would more than likely be sore as hell by the weekend.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Glad to hear that you're mostly ok...that not remembering exactly what happened - did anyone check you for a concussion?

I thought Drive Like a Moron Month ended on Tuesday at midnight, but apparently Someone decided to extend the offer into November. Folks are definitely not paying attention out there; and those who are, seem to be in more of a hurry than usual.

Everyone, be safe. Woody, keep us posted on what's up with you and with your wheels.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Sorry to hear about that, the company should pay for everything. If not get a good lawyer and make them. If you need help on the bike just ask and I will help with what I can.

·
Registered
198 Posts
You're a lucky man. I'm glad you were here to post your message. We all need to realize how quick things can all change.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Woah--glad you're alright! Sorry to hear about your bike, though. If you come across any two-for-one deals when you start looking to replace it, lemme know... ;)

·
Geek
872 Posts
Dito, Dito. I'll donate stock exhaust if ya need them. Let me know.

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. You must be quite shaken up and bruised. But the main thing is that you're OK. Yeah, it's going to be tough to go without your bike, and it's going to be a pain to deal with the legal/financial aftermath. But you're alive, Woody!

:smiley_th

·
Registered
65 Posts
Glad to see you're okay. Find out what hooked so I can pull it off mine.

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
HOLY SH**

I go take a nap, and all hell breaks loose. Woody, man, that really sucks. I'm glad you faired better than the bike. That guy owes you big time, or at least his company does. You've got injuries, medical bills, physical therapy, and time off work that needs to be paid for, AND a new bike coming your way. (I don't think you'll forget that) If you need physcial therapy or chiropractic care, get it. You'll be thankful you did later. His insurance should pay for all of that - that's what insurance is for, after all.

·
Registered
699 Posts
sorry to hear this Woody, but at least you are ok. Nail him to the wall he was at fault so he should pay

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Bummer Woody !! :doh:
And again, glad you came out with minimal injuries.
Don't let the other insurance company take ya for a dime less than you deserve !
Hope ya don't get too sore once your body gets over the shock of the incident !!

Oh yeah, LMAO at Cindy's post ..........
I thought Drive Like a Moron Month ended on Tuesday at midnight, but apparently Someone decided to extend the offer into November.
I think some people out there think that's a year round event !!

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
One other thing..
DO NOT SIGN OFF ON THE SETTLEMENT until everything is back to normal. That especially includes you (you know best what normal is for you... *G*)
One of the guys from the Yahoo group was rear-ended and had to go in later for shoulder surgery (Rotator cup and nerve damage). This happened after the bike was repaired and a couple of months after the accident.
If something is bothering you, have it checked out. Especially with a bruised knee. I'd hate to see you dealing with a bone chip months from now.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Woody sorry to hear about the bike. Glad your ok. Another good reason to wear proper gear. Let us know how everything works out.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Wow...just caught this thread.

First off: GLAD YOU ARE OK!

Secondly....a big arse truck running a stop sign. The bane of our existence!:doh:

Good luck with your battles, if there is ANYTHING we can do, please do not hesitate to ask. Be it parts or moral support, we're here! :smiley_th

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the kind words and thoughts all of you.It is really appreciated. I went to see the bike this morning and it didn't look to bad, surprised the hell out of me. From what I can see the only damage on the left side side was a slightly bent shifter and a scuff in the saddlebag and floor board. On the right side the windshield is chipped, the brake lever put a dent in the headpipe, floorboard tore off ,bent brake lever and mirror and scrapes in the iso grips and front turn signals. I could not get it into neutral and it would not start, it cranked fine but did not fire and the bike tried to lurch forward slightly while it was cranking(clutch was depressed) so I'm thinking there might be some internal damage associated with the bent shifter and I couldn't tell for sure but possibly a very slight bend in the handlebars.
Two weeks ago when I was at the shop shop the dealer said KBB trade in was 1800.00 and retail was 2200.00 I told them to get real as they sold my bike to the previous owner in the spring of 05 for almost 3800.00 Will be interesting to see if they total it or not. I'm not worried about the cosmetic stuff it's the engine where I have my main concern.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts